Last Updated on January 27, 2023 by Anne-Sophie Reinhardt
Alabama Medicaid Maternity Care Program was created to make sure every woman in Alabama has access to medical care during their pregnancy. It also lowers Alabama’s infant mortality rate. This program will improve the health of both mothers and their infants.
Unrelated children may be eligible for your assistance, provided they live in your home and you provide parental support. To submit a paper application call 1-800-362-1504. You can also apply by mail or online if you are unable to apply online.
How Women Can Qualify For Alabama Medicaid During Pregnancy?
- You must be either a U.S citizen or in satisfactory immigration status
- Meet income guidelines
- All income of the people in the “family size”, is included
If the income of the parents is included and the income guidelines are met, pregnant women younger than 19 years old may be eligible for full Medicaid coverage. Additionally, if pregnant women meet the income guidelines, they will be eligible for full Medicaid coverage.
How is Household Income Calculated?
Household income is the total MAGI-based income for all household members. The household income will equal the MAGI for all household members, regardless of whether they have filed taxes.
How is Family Size Determined?
The family size refers to the number of people included in an individual’s household. Then the household size is calculated by adding the individuals on the family’s federal income tax return. However, family size is determined by the number of individuals who are expected to claim federal income tax returns.
Recommended Documents When Apply For Alabama Pregnancy Medicaid
- Social Security cards and birth dates of all household members for whom you are applying.
- Birth Certificate or Proof of US Citizenship of all household members for whom you are applying.
- Something with your physical home address (a P.O. Box address is not allowed).
- Go to https://insurealabama.adph.state.al.us.
- Click on “Create Your account!”
- If you have an existing account, enter your username and password. Click on “Create Account” if you don’t already have one. The application will take approximately 30-45 minutes.