Education grants for single-parent families

Education Grants for Single Mothers

Last Updated on September 17, 2021 by

There are some significant education grants available for single-parent families. Single moms who need financial assistance to cover their children’s education costs may be eligible for local or government-funded programs.

How to be a Single Mom with no Help
How to be a Single Mom with no Help

In this article, we’ll go over some of the most common educational grants that you can apply for on this page.

Education Grants for Single-Parent Families

Upward Bound Math and Science Program

The Upward Bound Math and Science grant aim to help students improve their math and science skills, as its name suggests. Some of the program services available with the grant include counseling and advisement, summer math and science training programs, and computer training. To enroll your child in the program, contact the United States Department of Education by calling (202) 453-57425. For more information, go to the website link.

Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant

If eligible students meet program requirements, the TEACH grant will provide financial aid of up to $4,000 per year to students who want to become teachers. Students who receive the grant must then “pay it forward” by teaching at educational institutions that serve low-income children in fields where there is a high need.

You will determine whether your child’s university or college participates in the TEACH Grant Program by contacting them. You can reach federal Student Aid at 1-800-433-3243 if you have any questions. For more information, go to the website link.

National Security Language Initiative for Youth

NSLI-Y is a scholarship program that allows low-income students to study a language in a different country. Students who meet the program’s requirements can apply for scholarships in languages such as Mandarin, Arabic, Korean, and Russian, among others. If you have any questions or want to double-check your eligibility before beginning the enrollment process, call the American Councils for International Education at 866-790-2086. For more information, go to the website link.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant

The FSEOG Program helps low-income students by making funds available to a wide range of universities and colleges across the United States to help postsecondary students fund their higher education expenses. You can fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid form to apply for financial aid, so if you have any questions, you can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243. For more information, go to the website link.

Federal Pell Grant Program

The United States Department of Education administers the Federal Pell Grant, helping low-income postsecondary students gain higher education access. There are about 5,400 postsecondary institutions that participate in the program, so ask your child’s university or college if they can help you with your application. You can also contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243 if you need more information. For more information, go to the website link.

Cal Grant Program

If you’re a single mom in California, you can see if your child qualifies for the Cal Grant, a tuition aid program that will help you pay for your child’s post-secondary education. Contact the CA Grant Hotline at 888-224-7268 for more information on the program. For more information, go to the website link.

Education Support Award

The Education Support Award is a program that helps single mothers by providing awards of up to $5,000 to help them pay for their children’s education or training costs. You should fill out an online application to see if you qualify to enroll your children. For more information, go to the website link.

P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education

The Program for Continuing Education provides single moms with a one-time cash assistance service to complete their higher education. If you need to finish your degree or qualification but are on a tight budget, call the P.E.O. International Head Quarters at 515-255-3153 to get started on your application. For more information, go to the website link.

Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards

The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards, formerly known as the Women’s Opportunity Awards, are now known as the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards. The program aims to provide single moms with the tools they need to develop their skills, education, or job prospects. Depending on your needs and current situation, awards range from $3,000 to $10,000. You can call them at 215-893-5200. For more information, go to the website link.

Capture The Dream

This is a charitable organization that offers two types of scholarships to help low-income families afford higher education. Their Single Parent Scholarship offers a one-time $1,000 award to single moms. The George Geng-On Lee Minorities in Leadership Scholarship offers up to $1,000 to students who meet program requirements. Call them at 510-343-3635 for more information on how to apply for assistance. For more information, you can also go to the website link.

In conclusion, we hope that this page has provided information on where and how single moms can apply for financial aid to cover higher education costs. Finally, there are many education grants for single-parent families. You just need to choose the right one.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll to Top