Colorado grants for single moms

Grants for Single Mothers in Colorado

Last Updated on June 2, 2021 by

Colorado is one of the most beautiful states of them all, but luckily it also cares and gives assistance to single moms and low-income families. There are several financial, educational, and health-related services for low-income single moms in Colorado.

The services listed below will assist single moms and their families. However, if you are looking for a different state’s grants for single mothers options, follow the link provided.

If not, please read on to see how your state can help you.

Colorado Assistance Programs For Single Moms

College Opportunity Fund (COF)

A stipend scheme for university students is the College Opportunity Fund (COF). You will be given funds to help you pay for a portion of your tuition. If you are enrolled in school and require financial assistance, you may be eligible. Fill out a form or an online survey.

To learn more, call 720-264-8550 or 1-800-777-2757, or send an email to

Unemployment Insurance (UI)

Colorado has a Department of Labor and Employment that supports jobless citizens. You can make a claim, verify the status, and file an appeal through the Unemployment Insurance (UI) online claim processing center.

Call the UI center at 1-800-388-5515 or the Denver-based center at (303) 318-9000 for claim assistance and general queries.

The Special Supplementary Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is a nutritional support system administered by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Check to see if you qualify and what safe foods you should purchase.

Locate the WIC clinic that is nearest to you. For more details, call 1-800-688-7777 or email

Colorado Child Care Assistance Program for Single Moms

Single moms may obtain Child Care Assistance from The Office of Early Childhood. Apply for the support online, by mail, or in person at a Department of Human Services (DHS) office. You can contact Colorado DHS at 1-800-799-5876.

Head Start

Like many other states, Colorado participates in Head Start programs for early childhood education and nutrition services. Look for a program that is unique to your county or area. Call us at (720) 877-3315 or fill out our online form.

Energy Saving Partner program (ESP)

Home energy evaluations and weatherization assistance are available through the Colorado Energy Office‘s Energy Saving Partner program (ESP). You can contact the Denver office at (303) 866-2100.

Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)

Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) is a low-income healthcare coverage option provided by the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing. It’s built for people who don’t qualify for Medicaid but can’t afford private health insurance.

If you have any concerns, please call customer service at (800) 359-1991. Apply online, over the phone at 1-800-221-3943, in person, or via the mail.


Individuals and families who qualify will enroll in Colorado’s Medicaid program, also known as Health First Colorado. Receive prenatal care, newborn care, and family planning programs.

Get answers to your questions by looking them up on the internet. Apply online, over the phone at 1-800-221-3943, in person, or via the mail.

Colorado Works Cash Assistance for Single Moms

The state’s Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) initiative is known as Colorado Works. Please fill out an application online and mail it to your county’s DHS office.

Food Assistance Program

Low-income families may benefit from the Office of Economic Security’s Food Assistance Program. Find out more about EBT cards and program eligibility. Contact your local DHS office or apply online at the PEAK (Colorado Program Eligibility and Application Kit) website. Call DHS customer support at (800) 536-5298 or 1.888.328.2656 for EBT card assistance.

You may apply for grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 to assist with education costs, medical bills, and other expenses. See if you qualify for each program by learning more.

Scroll to Top