Idaho grants and assistance for single moms

Grants for Single Mothers in Idaho

Last Updated on June 2, 2021 by

In collaboration with several local nonprofit agencies, the state of Idaho offers several assistance programs such as housing and food stamps to help families in need. Single mothers in the region may be qualified for any of the following choices.

How to be a Single Mom with no Help
How to be a Single Mom with no Help

If you’re looking for housing or medical assistance, food stamps, and other government grants in a different state from Idaho, follow the link.

Food Stamps, Medical and Housing Assistance in Idaho

Head Start

The Idaho Head Start Association will assist single moms struggling to pay for child care. All of the Head Start, Early Head Start, Migrant Head Start, and Native American Head Start programs are designed to meet the educational needs of children growing up in low-income families. If you’d like to apply for benefits, contact the IHSA office at 208-345-1182.

Minority and “At-Risk” Student Scholarships

The College of Southern Idaho offers several various scholarship and grant programs. The Minority and “At-Risk” program provides up to $3,000 in scholarships to scholars who would otherwise be unable to complete their higher education requirements. Call the CSI at 208-732-6227 for more information or to apply for benefits.

Temporary Assistance for Families in Idaho

TAFI is a cash assistance program that provides job counseling and cash assistance to low-income families with children. Food, clothes, schooling, and housing are all possible uses for these funds. Call the office at 1-877-456-1233 to apply for cash assistance.

Food Stamps 

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is a federal program that provides needy families with electronic funds to purchase healthy foods. The Office of Health and Welfare, a division of the Idaho Human Services Department, administers SNAP. If you have any questions about the program or would like to apply for food assistance, call 1-877-456-1233.


Idaho’s Medicaid covers various health and dental benefits for low-income households. Single moms may qualify for healthcare assistance by contacting the Health and Welfare Office’s Medicaid division at 1-822-456-1233.

Children’s Health Insurance Plan

The CHIP assistance program might help you get health insurance for your children. The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) was created for children under the age of 19 who do not meet the income requirements for Medicaid. Call the Application Hotline at 1-877-456-1233 to register for CHIP.

Women, Infants & Children

The WIC program in Idaho is also a healthcare assistance program that helps pregnant mothers, single moms, and infants. If you meet the eligibility criteria, CHIP will protect you and your children up to the age of five. Call the office at 1-800-356-9868 to learn more about the service or apply for benefits.

Idaho Child Care Program

Single moms will benefit from ICCP’s subsidized child care assistance program. The Idaho Child Care Program is a co-payment assistance program, which ensures that Health and Welfare providers will be able to assist you with a portion of your childcare costs. You may register for rewards by calling the ICCP office at 1-800-356-9868.

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program

LIHEAP is a federally sponsored energy assistance program accessible to low-income Idaho households. The software will assist you in paying your electric bills and lowering the cost of your monthly energy services. If you have any questions or would like to register for LIHEAP services, you can call the Idaho Community Action Partnership at 208-746-3351.

This page should have explained where and how single mothers in Idaho might apply for grants and assistance.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll to Top