Grants for Single Moms in Kentucky

Grants for Single Mothers in Kentucky

Kentucky offers single moms many forms of governmental and non-governmental assistance. If you’re a single mom having trouble paying your bills, this can help. Moreover, you’ll be relieved to learn that several grants are available to assist you.

In this article, we’ll highlight some of the grants and assistance programs available to single moms in Kentucky. However, if you’re looking for the city of Louisville or a different state’s grants, follow the appropriate links.

Kentucky Single Moms Assistance Programs

Women, Infants, and Children

The WIC program will provide nutritional and basic healthcare assistance to pregnant and breastfeeding mothers and their children to foster long-term healthy lifestyles. Call the WIC office at 502-564-3827 to participate in the program.

Head Start and Early Head Start

Early Head Start and Head Start are child welfare assistance services that help children prepare for school. Children up to the age of five can participate in these services if their parents meet certain income and job criteria. Call the Family Services Office at 502-782-0200 to register for Head Start or Early Head Start.

Child Care Assistance Program

Employed single moms may be eligible for Child Care Council of Kentucky subsidized child care assistance to help them pay for child care costs. Call the Child Care Council Office at 1-800-809-7076 if you have any questions or would like to apply for CCAP.

Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program

K-TAP is a temporary housing aid project that seeks to end homelessness in Kansas by assisting low-income families in finding housing. If you want to qualify for the K-TAP program and believe you meet the income criteria, call the K-TAP Assistance Office at 502-564-7050 to begin the application process.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

When you don’t have the financial resources to buy healthy foods for your family, SNAP will help. The SNAP program is sponsored at the federal level and implemented locally by the Department of Children and Family Services, which can be reached at 1-855-306-8959 for more information or to apply for benefits.


Single moms who follow the income requirements may be eligible for healthcare coverage through the Kentucky Medicaid program. You can apply for coverage by calling the Call Center at 1-855-459-6328. Also, contact them if you need medical and dental services but don’t have another healthcare plan.

Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program

KCHIP is a healthcare support service that helps low-income families pay for their children’s medical and dental care. Moreover, this healthcare assistance service covers children up to 19 at no or low cost to the parents. To determine whether your children are eligible for benefits, call the Kids Health Office at 1-855-459-6328.

In conclusion, single moms living in Kentucky have access to various grants. Therefore, we hope that this page has shown where and how you can apply for assistance when you need it most.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll to Top