Single-parent grants in Oklahoma

Grants for Single Mothers in Oklahoma

Last Updated on June 2, 2021 by

The State of Oklahoma administers many grants intended to help single-parent and low-income families and individuals in the state. In this article, we’ll go through which grants single moms can apply for if they’re having a money problem.

However, if you’re looking for another state’s grants for single moms, follow the link provided.

Single-Parent Grants – State of Oklahoma

If you’re looking for a specific city, follow the link below:


Single moms with minor children who meet income and job criteria are eligible for the Oklahoma TANF program. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families may include short-term cash loans. Therefore, you can buy necessities like food or pay for services such as lodging, utilities, and child care. Contact them at 405-521-4391 to see if you are eligible for benefits.


The SNAP program is another Department of Human Services program that seeks to eliminate hunger in Oklahoma communities. Families in need of food supplies should apply for SNAP benefits, including electronic services that they can use to buy healthy foods. Call the DHS Hotline at 1-866-411-1877 to submit a SNAP application.


SoonerCare is the name of Oklahoma’s Medicaid program. Single moms who cannot afford medical or dental insurance may qualify for coverage, which can help them pay their medical bills. The Oklahoma Healthcare Authority administers the service, which means you can ask for help by calling the Helpline at 1-800-987-7767.

Child Care Assistance Program

The Oklahoma Department of Human Services has a Child Care Assistance Program to assist low-income families with child care costs. The amount of money given to applicants depends on their income and family size. Contact the Child Care Subsidy Program Division at 405-521-3931 to see if you are eligible for CCAP benefits.

Pre-Kindergarten Program

The Department of Education’s Pre-K Program is available to single moms. Your children (up to the age of 4) will benefit from the program by having access to high-quality child care programs with small classes that follow the national schooling curriculum. Call the SDE Office at 405-522-3241 to apply.

Unemployment Insurance

Suppose you are still unemployed and are in this position due to company constraints. In that case, you could be eligible for unemployment insurance if your fault did not cause your situation. If you have any questions about your rights or are ready to file a claim, you can call the Unemployment Service Center at 1-800-555-1554.

Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program

OTAG is a financial aid support program that helps post-secondary students at Oklahoma colleges and universities. Therefore, full-time and part-time students may be eligible for honors, depending on their circumstances and family contribution. Single moms should contact them at 800-858-1840 to see if their children are eligible for the award.

Oklahoma Promise

The Oklahoma Promise program, administered by the Department of Higher Education, will provide needy postsecondary students with tuition support at various Oklahoma colleges and universities. You can enroll your child in benefits if they are in eighth, ninth, or tenth grade, but only if your annual income does not exceed $50,000. To begin single moms should call the OHED at 800-858-1840.

In conclusion, we’ve shown single moms in Oklahoma many assistance services that can support them. Therefore, we hope they can reach out and apply for assistance when the time comes.

Scroll to Top