Grants for Single Mothers in Wyoming

Grants are made for all types of people, especially single mothers, who are often looked down as financial uncertainty in society. In this article, see all the grants offered in the state of Wyoming, and consider all your options so you can benefit from it.


The TANF or the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families is a monthly cash assistance for single mothers who need to support their families. To get this grant, simply apply online or download the application from the website, and contact the DFS or the Wyoming Department of Family Services at (307) 754-2245 or email them at


The SNAP or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program  is Wisconsin’s food assistance source. To apply for this grant, download and fill out, then mail your application to your local SNAP office. You may also call the SNAP hotline with your questions at (307) 777-5846.


Wyoming Medicaid is a healthcare program available to single mothers, children and low-income families. Apply online, over the phone at 1-855-294-2127, by mail to WDH Customer Service Center or by fax to 1-855-329-5205.

Ask about Medicaid programs and services at (855) 294-2127 or

Kid Care CHIP

Kid Care CHIP can provide assistance if your child qualifies. You can easily go online and look up the nearest CHIP providers in your state. The CHIP Program allows you to apply online, by phone at 1-855-294-2127, by mail, or by walk-in. You can download the application online and have it mailed to the WDH Customer Service Center or fax it to 1-855-329-5205. You may also email or call them at 1-855-294-2127 for CHIP-related questions and concerns.

Child Care Subsidy Program

Single mothers can qualify for a Child Care Subsidy to pay for affordable child care costs. To apply in this program, download the DFS Application for Benefits online or visit the nearest DFS office in your area, but you’ll need to have an appointment set


CACFP or the Child and Adult Care Food Program is Wyoming’s food program. It provides healthy and affordable meals for both adults and children in daycare centers. To benefit from this program, your income must meet the eligibility guidelines. You can find a list of preschools, daycares, and Head Start centers that participate in your county.


The fall and winter seasons can mean high bills for low-income households but you can make that more affordable by signing up for LIEAP, also known as the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
To apply for this grant, download the application from their website or give them a call at 1-800-246-4221, and have them send an application to you.

Contact them at (800) 246-4221 or for more information about the program.

Unemployment Insurance

The DFS ( Department of Workforce Services) has the UI grant or the Unemployment Insurance for single mothers who qualify. Submit an online application or call them up at (307) 473-3789. You can also reach their helpline at (307) 235-3264 for more help

Pell Grant

Single mothers who are enrolled in higher education can benefit from the Pell Grant.   
To apply, you’ll need to see first if you qualify by applying for the FAFSA.

Learn more about the Pell Grant through the University of Wyoming, or by contacting the student financial aid at (307) 766-3016 or

Head Start

The state of Wyoming has an early childhood program that many single mothers from low-income households can benefit from. Wyoming’s Head Start program gives access to healthcare and educational resources. To apply, find the nearest Head Start office in your area, or you can go to their website, download and fill up the form and mail in your application.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll to Top