Last Updated on January 22, 2024 by Lori Pace
A tattoo can be a beautiful way to mark a significant milestone in your life. As a single mom become more popular, more women are sporting tats. Here are some adorable and inspiring tattoo ideas for a single mom who love life.
Ink-Inspiring Tattoo Ideas for A Single Mom
Anything that has to do with flowers or growth is a beautiful and meaningful way to show your progress. We love how this one fits around the ankle bone.
Stars are not only beautiful tattoos, but also represent truth. Stars are brightly visible in the night sky and they can be used to symbolize hope for a better life. This is one of the most popular tattoos for single mothers.
Angel wings | Single Mom Tattoo
Angel wings are incredibly spiritual for guiding and protection. You can also get this angelic tattoo with less stubble, and smaller wings placed in discrete locations.
Mum and child
A mum and child tattoo will show your love for your child. To make it more meaningful, add their name, a sweet sentence or a significant date (like the birthday of your child).
A classic statement tattoo is made with birds. A few birds placed on your wrist, ankle, or back will make a timeless statement tattoo. They are a symbol of vitality, freedom and spirituality.
Phoenix rising | Single Mom Tattoo
Phoenix rising from the ashes is a symbol of a complete rebirth, and renewal of mind and body. A rising phoenix tattoo can be a powerful statement about how you have triumphed over difficult times
Open lotus flowers are a symbol for enlightenment and calmness. A half-closed lotus is symbolic of growth and awareness. If you are looking for clarity and peace of thought, a beautiful lotus flower tattoo might be just what you need.
A one-word tattoo can be a powerful way to communicate with the world that you have had enough. This is the perfect addition to our collection of tattoos for single mothers.
Tree of life | Single Mom Tattoo
The beautiful tree of life tattoo, in all its glory, symbolizes immortality and knowledge, wisdom and strength, as well growth, abundance, and salvation. It’s great as a tattoo on the back, but it can also be discreetly placed on the wrist or ankle.
A crown tattoo is the best way to stay positive and empowered. A crown is a symbol of leadership, authority, and good luck. We single mothers wear our crowns every day, and this tattoo will make it so you can too!
Bow and arrow
This beautiful bow and arrow tattoo is both fashionable and profoundly meaningful. The Sagittarius zodiac sign is associated with arrow designs. It represents love, power and strength, as well as a sense of direction.
Feather and birds | Single Mom Tattoo
We love bird tattoos, it’s no surprise! The feather and bird tattoo is a beautiful symbol of truth, courage and bravery. Feathers may also signify messages from the spirit world and spiritual protection.
This tattoo is for single mothers and women who just need to feel confident in their abilities. This tattoo is a declaration of the soul that ‘I am confident to walk this earth alone‘, which can be used as a mantra for living fearlessly and bravely.
The symbol of growth and renewal is the butterfly. We are constantly in transition as human beings. This beautiful butterfly tattoo reminds us that personal transformation can be a long and difficult process but it is worth it in the end.
Dragonfly | Single Mom Tattoo
The dragonfly, although less well-known than the butterfly, is its more symbolic and beautiful cousin. A dragonfly tattoo is a reminder of deep thoughts and a higher subconscious.
Love me for who I am
This tattoo’s words are simple and powerful. They say, “Love me for who I am.” This tattoo is for anyone who has ever doubted their worth due to the cruelty or callousness of others. It tells the world you are worthy of love as you are.
Sometimes you need to let things go
This tattoo is perfect for people who tend to hold on to things they should let go of, whether it’s a bad relationship or a soulless career. Get this tattoo and let it go.
The peace dove tattoo is a symbol of calm, tranquility, and comfort when things go wrong. The graceful peace dove tattoo is a reminder to not let your inner peace be destroyed by any of the things you have chosen.
Perseverance | Single Mom Tattoo
We love this beautiful script tattoo and its meaning. Success is easier when we persevere in doing something even though it’s difficult. This tattoo will remind you to never lose sight of yourself, your loved ones, and your dreams.
What To Look For In A Tattoo Shop Or Artist for A Single Mom
If you already know what you want, it is a sign you are ready to move on to the next step: Shopping for an Artist. Ask your friends if they know of any shops or recommend you to Instagram or Google. These are some things to keep in mind as you sort through your options.
1. Check if The Shop And The Artist Have Proper Licensing
You can quickly Google your state’s regulations and rules for tattoo licensing. Every state is unique, so it’s important that you are familiar with the regulations in your region. Once you have a clear idea of what you are looking for, ensure that the artist and shop you are interested in is certified. It is important that the licensing information of the parlor be displayed prominently on the website and in the shop walls.
2. Pay Attention To Hygiene And General Health Habits
Most shops that are reputable smell like disinfectant and have clean floors and workstations. It should not smell like gym socks. If the shop passes visual inspection, it’s time to speak to potential artists about their tattooing techniques. To avoid cross contamination, artists must only use single-use needles or ink. This applies to all bandages, gloves, and razors. Anything your artist may use must be brand new.
3. Gauge Shop Courtesy And Ask If The Artist Offers Consultations
Last, but not least, pay attention to the professionalism and personality of the artist and shop. You are about to give someone the right to permanently inscribe a piece of artwork on your skin. To do this, you must feel comfortable with the artist as well as their work.
The artist should be as passionate as you are, or at the very least understand your passion. You don’t have to be a fan of their portfolio. It’s okay to leave if you don’t get along or don’t like the vibe of the shop. Before you leave, be sure to say thank you to the artist.
What A Session Is Like And Things A Single Mom Should Ask The Tattoo Artist
You’re almost done reading our guide. Here are the likely outcomes of your interaction with your artist, and how a single mom get her tattoo done.
- Discuss rates and to set up a consultation, contact the shop or artist.
- Talk to the artist about your design ideas and expectations.
- Confirm the rate and agree on the final design with your artist. Revisions may be necessary. This could mean setting up an appointment to review the final design before you commit to a tattoo date.
- In the 24 hours before your appointment, you should avoid taking Aspirin (Bayer), and Ibuprofen (“Advil”) as they can thin your blood. The same applies to alcohol consumption. It is possible to take Tylenol (acetaminophen) but you should confirm with your artist.
- Wear something that covers the tattoo area. Wear something that you can slip into and out of if you are unable to do this.
- Arrive 10 minutes before your appointment. Bring cash to tip!
What will happen at the Tattoo Shop!
- Complete any necessary paperwork.
- The artist will transport you to their station. It is possible that you will need to remove or roll up any clothing that might be hindering your tattoo placement.
- The artist will disinfect the area with a disposable razor and remove any unwanted hairs.
- Your artist will then place the stencil on your skin. You can move this as many times as you want until you are satisfied with the placement.
- After confirming the placement, your artist will begin to tattoo the outline of the design.
- Once your artist is done, they will clean and wrap the tattooed area. They’ll also tell you how to care for it.
- When you tip your artist, don’t forget to mention it! While it’s standard to tip 20%, if you have an exceptional experience and can tip more, it’s a good idea to tip more.