Kansas Successful Families Program

The Kansas Successful Families Program program provides temporary monthly cash assistance for up to 24 months to low-income families with minor children. 

Kansas allows requests for hardship extensions and provides a 12-month extension for benefits. 

The Successful Families Program requires work-eligible applicants to participate in work-related activities. Failure to do so will waive the benefits including child support.

FAQ’s about Kansas Successful Families Program 

How much is cash assistance in Kansas? 

The benefits you receive from TANF largely depend on your family’s income, size, and the county you reside in. A family of three can receive a maximum of $429 monthly in certain high-cost counties,  and a maximum of $386 in lower-cost counties.

How do I apply for welfare in Kansas?

Visit the DCF Online Application and Self-Assessment for the TANF application. For assistance, call 1-888-369-4777.

Visit KansasWorks if you’re looking for work and post your resume.

  1. The Grandparents as Caregivers (GPCG) program offers cash assistance for grandparents or other relatives caring for children.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll to Top