We all need some inspiration and encouragement now and then, which is why I compiled a list of my favorite single mom quotes. When you’re a single mother, the world can feel like it’s against you and that you’re all alone.
Connecting with others in our position or those that mean the most to us when we’re in a difficult space can help. But sometimes, the hard work we need to is internal, and it’s tough to face.
Whether your problems stem from lacking in the spiritual or financial world or whether or not you feel unmotivated and disconnected from others, getting inspired is the right place to start.
Here’s a list of my top 20 inspirational quotes to get you through your tough times.
Top 20 Inspiring Single Mom Quotes
1. “We must let go of the life we have planned to accept the one waiting for us.”
~ Joseph Campbell
2. “We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.”
~ Mayo Angelou
3. “My entire life can be described in one sentence: it didn’t go as planned.”
~ Rachel Wolchin
4. “It’s not our job to toughen our children up to face the world. It’s our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel & heartless.”
~ K.R. Knost
5. “Change your thoughts and change your world.”
~ Norman Vincent Peale
6. “Every time you bless another person, you bless yourself.”
7. “Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here.”
~ Marianne Williamson
8. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.”
~ Dalai Lama
9. “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.”
~ Theodore Roosevelt
10. “When you do good to others, you do good to yourself.”
11. “Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
~ Gerard Way
12. “It’s never too late, never too late to start over, never too late to be happy.”
~ Jane Fonda
13. “Keep the Faith. The most amazing things in life tend to happen right at the moment you’re about to give up.”
14. “A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than a lot of friends who only know your smile.”
~ Sushan R Sharma
15. “Beautiful is the woman who is on a mission of value. God gives her a special blessing. She is divinely guided to succeed.”
16. “Don’t waste another moment crying over what went wrong! If it wasn’t a blessing – it was a lesson.”
~ Paula White
17. “You can’t change people. Either accept who they are or start living life without them.”
18. “Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.”
19. “No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
20. “A person is tested by two things: if they can be patient when going through a problem, and if they’re thankful when something good happens.”
Keep your head up, mom; you’re doing a fantastic job! No-one can do a better job at raising your children than you.
What’s your favorite inspiring quote?