These are the programs of public and private companies that can help you in times of need. All of these programs are to provide assistance to single moms in need in North Dakota.
- 1 Assistance for single moms in North Dakota
- 1.0.1 Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for Single Mothers
- 1.0.2 Low Income Telephone Assistance Program (LITAP) for Single Mothers
- 1.0.3 Homeless Shelters
- 1.0.4 Food Assistance for Single Mothers
- 1.0.5 Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
- 1.0.6 Nodak Electric Cooperative
- 1.0.7 Prescription Assistance
Assistance for single moms in North Dakota
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for Single Mothers
The LIHEAP provides these services to qualified, low-income families that are homeowners or renters:
- Weatherization services (insulation, weather stripping around doors and windows, etc.)
- Furnace cleaning, repair, and replacement
- Chimney cleaning and inspection
- Emergency assistance for single mothers
Individual Tribal LIHEAP programs serve Tribal members living on Reservations in the state.
Low Income Telephone Assistance Program (LITAP) for Single Mothers
The Lifeline, a program that provides a monthly discount on qualified, low-income households’ phone bills. Qualified applicants need to recertify for the program periodically.
The Link-Up, a program that gives a discount on applicants installing new telephone service.
Lifeline is available for those in Tribal Lands and provides monthly discounts for telephone subscribers living on Tribal Lands. They may qualify for the Tribal Link-Up Program too.
Start your application online or call 800-366-8201.
These are the shelters available:
- Abused Adult Resource Center Pam’s House
Women’s and children’s shelter that are victims of domestic violence.
- Ruth Meiers Hospitality House
1800 E. Broadway Avenue Bismarck, ND 58503
Emergency shelter for women with children for up to 60 days.
- New Life Center
1902 3rd Avenue Fargo, ND 58107
- South East Human Service Center
2624 9th Ave. SW Fargo, ND 58103
Food Assistance for Single Mothers
Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
The WAP, administered by the North Dakota Department of Commerce is for low-income families and individuals that can reduce home energy costs and make homes safer. Start your application online or call 701-232-2452 or 800-726-7960 for more information.
Nodak Electric Cooperative
The Operation Round Up, administered by the Nodak Electric Cooperative assists those in need with their utility bill. The program may also extend to provide emergency assistance food, shelter, rent, healthcare, clothing, education, and other vital needs. Visit their website or call 701-746-4461 or 800-732-4373 to apply and for more information.
The Prescription Connection provides free and discounted medications to low-income residents of North Dakota that didn’t qualify for state assistance programs for medication. Prescription Companies has different criteria for assistance. Visit their website to apply and call 888-575-6611 for an appointment and more information.