Single Mothers Assistance in Pennsylvania

Last Updated on September 14, 2023 by Lori Pace

These are programs by the government and private assistance agencies that are willing to assist single mothers in Pennsylvania in times of need.

Pennsylvania single mothers assistance

Consumer Credit Counseling Service

The Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS) provides credit counseling to those in need to get their life back on track. The CCCS offers budget counseling, debt management program, credit report review, housing counseling, education programs, employer assistance programs, and bankruptcy counseling. Visit this page to locate a CCCS office.

Rental Assistance for Single Mothers

The Community Progress Council (CPC) administers the Rental Assistance Program (RAP) that provides emergency housing. Households with children may apply for financial assistance to pay for a security deposit, the first month of rent, or rent arrears

Call the CPC at 717-771-5110 for more information.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for single parents

The SNAP, a federal program for low-income individuals and families. This program is to provide those in need with supplemental food budget through an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) ACCESS card. Find their services by county, or call 800-692-7462 or 800-451-5886 TDD. Locate the stores that accept ACCESS cards through this page.

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

The LIHEAP a federally funded program to assists low-income households in paying for their home utility bills or provide a one-time crisis service for households in need of heat. Contact 866-857-7095 or find your local LIHEAP office through this page.

Unemployment Insurance

The Unemployment Insurance (UI), a joint federal-state service, provides temporary financial assistance to qualified unemployed workers. Pennsylvania has a separate unemployment insurance program with guideline under federal law. Visit this page to learn more about the assistance. Contact 800-FED-INFO (800-333-4636) or read about them online.

Homeless Assistance

The Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS) aims to end homelessness through funding non-profit organizations that rehouse the homeless. The program advocates self-sufficiency and the utilization of resources to those experiencing homelessness. Read about the assistance through this page or call 215 656-0500

Pennsylvania Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)

The WAP helps low-income families and single mothers by making their homes energy efficient and safe. Homeowners and renters are allowed to sign up for WAP, however, tenants need to provide a written approval of their landlord. Start your application online, and visit this page to find assistance by county. For additional information, contact 215-448-2160.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!