Grants for Single Mothers in Indiana

Sharing is caring!

Last Updated on September 12, 2023 by Lori Pace

The State of Indiana provides a variety of federal and state grants to help low-income families and single moms. Therefore, we’ve created a comprehensive list of how the Indiana government and organizations can help you.

However, if you’re looking for government grants for single mothers in another state, follow the provided link. Therefore, if you’re a single mom in need of assistance, consider the following:

Indiana Help for Single Moms


The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program is essentially a food stamp program. It can assist pregnant women, single moms, and children in obtaining food, counseling, and standard health care. You should contact the Indiana WIC Hotline at 1-800-522-0874 to see if you are qualifying for WIC.


Indiana Medicaid is a government-funded health-care program for low-income families with children. If you meet the income criteria, Medicaid might be able to assist you in obtaining quality healthcare services. Call the Indiana Medicaid Office at 1-317-713-9627 to register for coverage.

Healthy Indiana Plan

If a single mother may not meet the Medicaid program’s standards, she may be eligible for the Health Insurance Program (HIP). The Healthy Indiana Plan is a health care plan for adults who meet certain criteria. Call the Hotline at 1-877-438-4479 to see if you are qualified for the HIP.

Hoosier Healthwise

Low-income parents and guardians may be entitled to receive coverage from the healthcare plan, Hoosier Healthwise. Health and dental needs are met by HHW at a reduced to no cost to members. You can contact MAXIMUS at 1-800-889-9949 to apply for Hoosier Healthwise coverage.

Child Care and Development Fund

As a federal initiative, the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) will help single moms access child care facilities for their children while they are studying and working. The Indiana Family and Social Services Administration administers the CCDF voucher program, and you can apply for assistance by calling 800-299-1627.

Summer Food Service Program for Children

Single mothers can register for SFSP benefits for their children to ensure that they eat healthy meals during the summer school vacation. The Department of Education manages the initiative in conjunction with their National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. Call the office at 317-232-6610 to apply for benefits.

Frank O’Bannon Grant

The Frank O’Bannon Grant includes the Higher Education Award and the Freedom of Choice Award. This is available to children of low-income families because of the goal of ensuring that children obtain quality postsecondary education. To find out if your children are registered, call the Indiana Department of Education at 317-464-4400.

Head Start & Early Head Start

The Indiana Head Start Association oversees both the Head Start and Early Head Start programs, which aim to provide low-income children with appropriate education and child care. Call the office at 317-234-8960 to register for benefits.


The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program offers time-limited cash loans to qualifying applicants to help low-income families become self-sufficient. Families with minor children who are on a low income may apply for the TANF program. Call the DFR Office at 1-800-403-0864 to see if you are eligible for benefits.

In conclusion, we trust that this page has shown to single moms in Indiana what grants and services are available to assist them in meeting their financial obligations.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!