Single Mothers Grants in Spokane Valley, Washington

Last Updated on January 16, 2024 by Lori Pace

Single mothers of Spokane Valley, WA in need of assistance to provide support for their children can find the right grants program on this page.

Grants for single mothers in Spokane Valley, WA

Cash Assistance

Washington’s Work First Program, funded by the federal TANF block grant, provides cash assistance for single mothers with a limited amount of time. The program is available to those that meet certain income requirements and have work. Apply online for WF, or call the WorkFirst Hotline at 1-877-501-2233.

Help With Food

Washington’s Basic Food Program, funded by the federal SNAP Block grant provides assistance in reducing the cost of food for your family. Basic Food vouchers are available to purchase food at participating retailers if you are eligible for benefits. Their website or the DHHR office at 1-877-501-2233 has more information about the program.

Help With Shelter and Housing

The Department of Social and Human Services provides assistance in paying for utilities, rent, and transportation through The Housing and Essential Needs Referral Program (HEN). Find out if you’re eligible for assistance by calling the Yakima Assistance Office at 1-800-209-5446 or by visiting their website.

Shelter And Housing 21

Help With Energy and Utilities

LIHEAP, a federal program that assists low-income families with their home energy costs. Reduce your monthly energy consumption by weatherizing with the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. For more information, visit the website or call the Community Action Agency Energy Help Line at 509-452-7145.

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

Frontier is a registered service provider for the Lifeline Telephone Discount Program and assists single mothers in applying for the federal program. LifeLine allows you to make monthly savings on your landline phone service. Apply online, or by calling the Service Office at 1-800-921-8101.

Help With Childcare

Washington’s Child Care Subsidy Program was created to help families with limited income pay for child care services. To be eligible for assistance, you must meet certain income and work requirements. Check your eligibility by calling the Child Care Help Line at 1-877-501-2233 or through their website.

Help With Medical and Dental Care

Apple Health, funded by the federal Medicare Block Grant. Single mothers interested in obtaining coverage for medical and dental care for their children can either apply online or call the Spokane Valley Assistance Office at 1-877-501-2233.

Medical And Dental Care 13

Help With Financial Counseling

Single mothers can get help from the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions to find suitable financial counseling programs. The programs will allow them to take better control of their finances and reduce their debt. For more information, visit their website or call 1-877-764-4334 for assistance in finding counseling programs.

Help From Other Groups

Spokane Citadel Corps of the Salvation Army can provide emergency shelter, meals, and bill payment assistance to those in need. They offer help with employment search too. For more information on eligibility requirements and program details, call them at 509-325-6810 or visit their website.

We hope single mothers in Spokane Valley will now be able to access all information necessary for applying for State assistance programs.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!