Single Mothers Grants in York, Pennsylvania

Last Updated on September 18, 2023 by Lori Pace

York residents can access a variety of grants for single mothers when in need of help paying their bills.

Grants for single mothers in York

Cash Assistance Programs for Single Mothers

York County Assistance Office manages the federally funded Temporary Assistance For Needy Families Program. TANF provides cash loans to families in need that can be used for basic necessities. Call the office at 717-771-1100 to apply for assistance.

Help With Food Programs for Single Mothers

The York County Food Bank provides emergency and ongoing food assistance programs as they strive to end hunger. To ensure that everyone in the community has access to their assistance, they work closely with many partner agencies. Call the office at 717-846-6435 to inquire about your nearest pantry.

Food Help 4

Help With Shelter and Housing Programs for Single Mothers

The Community Progress Council offers rental assistance and helps apply for federal housing assistance for low-income individuals and families who meet the eligibility requirements. Learn more about the services available by calling their office at 717-771-5110.

Help With Energy and Utilities Programs for Single Mothers

Low-income households have the option to reduce their home energy bills by using the federal LIHEAP program. In certain cases, it may be able to help with their utility bills too. Call the York County Assistance Office at 1-800-991-0929 to apply for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.

Energy And Utilities 7

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

Windstream is an accredited LifeLine service provider and can help low-income households apply for federal LifeLine programs. If you are qualified for the discount program because your household meets income requirements, call Windstream at 1-800-347-1991.

Help With Childcare

The Department of Human Services provides Child Care Assistance to families with minor children and on a low income. To determine if your family qualifies for Child Care Assistance, call the York County Assistance office at 717-771-1100.

Help With Medical and Dental Care

Medicaid,  Pennsylvania’s health assistance program is administered by the Department of Human Services’ Health Office. Individuals and families with low income may apply for medical assistance to determine if they are eligible. If you are interested in applying for Medicaid benefits, please contact the York County Assistance Office at  717-771-1100.

Help With Legal Matters

Mid-Penn Legal Services offers free civil legal assistance to the members of limited-income communities in need of legal advice and taxes. Call the Intake Line at 717-848-3605 to find out how they can assist you.

Help With Financial Counseling

The Berks Community Action Program offers financial assistance, counseling, and family development services in an effort to assist those less fortunate members of the community. Book your spot in one of these programs by calling the office at 610-376-6571.

Help From Other Groups

Bell Socialization Services, Inc. is York’s non-profit organization that assists low-income residents in need of housing assistance or transitional housing. They offer emergency shelter for those in crisis too. If you’re in crisis and need assistance, call them at 717-845-9536.

York residents have many options when it comes time to find the right bill payment assistance.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!