Single Mothers Assistance in Kansas

Last Updated on January 30, 2024 by Lori Pace

These are the programs of organizations and agencies that can give single mothers assistance in Kansas.

Assistance for single mothers in Kansas

Food Assistance for Single Mothers

The SNAP gives qualified low-income single mothers food benefits and education in food preparation and nutrition. Benefits from the program are received through an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. The card is used to purchase food and seeds to grow food in most grocery stores. Start your application online and call 888 369-4777 to learn more.

These are additional resources:

Free Medical Care for Single Mothers

The Greensburg Family Practice provides quality patient care and aims to improve the health status of the people in their community. They offer sliding scale fee discounts and accept all patients. Fill out an email form and receive a response. Get more information about them by calling 620-723-2127

Legal Assistance for Single Mothers

The Kansas Legal Services, a nonprofit corporation, provides free or low-cost civil legal advice and representation to those who are income-qualified. They are dedicated to helping low-income residents meet their basic needs by the provision of essential legal and mediation services. Apply for legal assistance online or call 800-723-6953

Free Dental Care

Family Clinic at Gordon Parks Academy

The Family Clinic at Gordon Parks Academy provides cleanings, fillings, extractions, root canals, crowns, partials, bridges, and dentures to low-income individuals. They are located at 2201 E. 25th St. N. Bldg. 200, Wichita. Make sure to book an appointment by calling 316-866-2000. Visit their website to learn more.

Prescription Assistance for Single Mothers

The Prescription Assistance Program (PAP) has the Kansas Rx Drug Card that can help you save money on your medications. Most pharmacies accept the free use of the card. This program has:

  • Does not have enrollment forms
  • No age requirements
  • Does not have income requirements
  • No waiting periods
  • For everyone, no exclusions
  • Does not need claims to file
  • No annual or lifetime limits
  • Personal information is not required
  • No refusal of coverage for pre-existing conditions

Get your Kansas Drug Card.

Kansas Weatherization Assistance Program (K-WAP)

The Kansas Weatherization Assistance Program (K-WAP) gives qualified households the chance to improve their home’s energy efficiency. Their common improvements are attic, basement or walls, caulking, weather stripping, air infiltration reduction, and repairs or replacement of the primary heating source. With every dollar invested in the program, the program returns $2.51 to the household and the community. Contact 800-752-4422 for more information and to locate your local weatherization office.

Credit Counseling

The Consumer Credit has free debt counseling and management. They can help you make choices to stay on the path to stability. Start your application online or call 800-769-3571 to start receiving assistance.

Telephone Discount

The Lifeline, a federal program that provides monthly discounts on low-income households’ telephone service. The discount can be for a landline phone or a wireless telephone line. Visit their website to learn more.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!