Single Mothers Assistance in Utah

Last Updated on January 17, 2024 by Lori Pace

These are companies and organizations that are willing to lend a hand to those fighting their way through self-sufficiency. Find assistance for single moms in Utah here.

Utah assistance for single moms

Rocky Mountain Power

Rocky Mountain Power is an energy provider that offers assistance programs and federal assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Visit the Rocky Mountain Power website or call 1-888-221-7070 to learn more.

Salt Lake County Treasurer

The Salt Lake County Treasurer collects taxes with different payment options like coupons and tax relief applications. Call 385-468-8300 to learn more.

HEAT Program

The HEAT Program offers year-round energy crisis assistance and winter home heating assistance to qualified and low-income residents of Utah. The program is available from November 1 to April 30 and depends on their funds. Qualifications are household income should be lower than 150% of the federal poverty level and responsible for home energy costs. Call 866-205-4357 to learn more.

Rent Assistance for Single Mothers

There are several organizations that offer rent assistance. The organizations are Iron County Care and Share, Salt Lake Community Action Program, Joyce Hansen Hall Food Bank and Social Services, Crossroads Urban Center, and Tooele County Relief Services. View the Rental Assistance website after creating an account to search for their programs.

Community Development Corporation of Utah

Community Development Corporation of Utah, a non-profit organization that builds multi and single-family housing around Utah. The organization offers down payment assistance and home repair loans and grants. Call 801-994-7222 to learn more.

Low Income Financial Help for Single Mothers

Low Income Financial Help, a website that shows a collection of agencies and organizations willing to help.

The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army offers church services, disaster services, family services, youth services, and utility assistance. The assistance they give is for those that meet the guidelines. Call 801-988-4204 to learn more about the qualifications and about their services.

Bear River Association of Governments (BRAG)

BRAG, an organization of local governments formed by Cache, Box Elder, and Rich Counties. The organization offers housing and human services, heat utility assistance programs, first-time homebuyer assistance, and home repair and rehabilitation. Call 435-752-7242 to learn more.

Aging Care

Aging Care, a community of caregivers that provides information on how to care for a loved one. Visit the Aging Care website for information regarding Medicare and Medicaid information, paying for care, tax tips, and veterans assistance. Call 239-594-3222 for more information.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!