Single Mothers Grants in Rapid City, South Dakota

Last Updated on September 19, 2023 by Lori Pace

This page helps single mothers find who to contact to get hardship grants or assistance with their bills in Rapid City, South Dakota residents can contact any of these organizations for an application.

Grants for single mothers in Rapid City

Cash Assistance for Single Mothers in Rapid City, SD

The South DakotaTANF program, managed by the Department of Social Services helps families in financial need. Cash loans can be granted after meeting the set of eligibility requirements for the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program. Get more information about the application by calling the office at 605-394-2525.

Cash Assistance 4

Help With Food for Single Mothers in Rapid City, SD

Feeding South Dakota can help families and individuals who are in dire need of food. Apply for food assistance by calling the office at 605-335-334-0364.

Help With Shelter and Housing for Single Mothers in Rapid City, SD

The Pennington County Housing and Redevelopment Commission provides housing and rental assistance for low-income families. Ask about available services by contacting them at 605-394-5535.

Help With Energy and Utilities for Single Mothers in Rapid City, SD

Two energy assistance programs administered by the Department of Social Services are the Low Income Energy Assistance Program and Weatherization Assistance Program. Determine if you are eligible for benefits and start your application by calling the office at 605-394-2525.

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

The South Dakota LifeLine program offers free minutes and free cell phones. This program is a telephone discount program that aims to help those with limited income pay their home phone bills. Sign up for LifeLine benefits by calling Lifeline Landing at 855-880-8979.

Help With Childcare

Child Care Assistance of the Division of Child Care Services can be provided to families who meet the requirements. Apply for assistance for your minor children by calling the Rapid City office at 605-394-2525.

Child Care 3 1

Help With Medical and Dental Care

Medicaid South Dakota’s federally-funded public health program is designed to provide affordable, high-quality medical and dental care to those with limited income. Apply for the program by calling the Medicaid Office at 1-800-644-2914.

Help With Legal Matters

Dakota Plains Legal Services offers quality, free legal aid to people with low-income. They only assist people with non-criminal legal matters. This organization will help you with advocacy, representation, and community education. Find out how they can help you by calling their Legal Intake Line at 605-342-7172.

Help From Other Groups

The Salvation Army of Rapid City offers assistance to individuals and families in need. The assistance includes food, shelter, utility bill payments, shelter, clothing, and other services. Reach their office at 605-791-4045 for inquiries regarding the process of application.

We hope this page is helpful to a Rapid City resident in locating the right assistance programs that you can apply for.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!