Last Updated on November 15, 2022 by Anne-Sophie Reinhardt
Having a job as a social media evaluator seems like a job we’d all like to get paid to do, right?
It seems to me like a job like this, and as Google told me, there are dozens of ways to make money through social media. This would be fabulous to either bolster your income because, let’s face, we all need that or make a career of it.
In this article, you’ll find information like:
- What is a social media evaluator – if you don’t already know, of course
- How much can they earn?
- Where to start?
- Where to go next?
It’s a fascinating, again, topic, so I hope this all helps you.
Job Details Of A Social Media Evaluator
If you don’t, Google describes a social media evaluator as ‘a rater who provides feedback on the news feeds, adverts, and search results for social media sites such as Facebook and Instagram.
Or Quora says, “anybody who uses one or more social media networks daily and gets paid for it.” Companies look for a social media evaluator who can actively monitor their interactivity on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
It’s a person – well, that’s good for us – and not a platform, so the time it takes can be considerable. Not sure that this deserves a drum-roll, but here goes, we need to celebrate everything in life, right?
Social media evaluators’ pay rate can range from $3 – $20 per hour – this can vary depending on the rater’s country, project, and company they are working for. What’s more, the pay can be rated by the hour or project, depending on the same subjects. Google averages this out at $34 490 in the United States.
If you’re still keen – read on for more information?
Where To Start As A Social Media Evaluator?
As we’ve said before, this platform is often an overlooked tool – plus we can listen rather than read the content – and that saves time, and let’s face it, we’re time bankrupt us, single moms.
These tips include:
- Your opinions matter
- What do you need to be a social media evaluator?
- You must use social media daily
- Be flexible and able to work independently
- Solid English writing skills
- A reliable and modern computer
- High-speed internet
- Microsoft Windows running Vista or above
- Mac is ok as long as it’s PC compatible
- Appen dominates
- Check out the Appen 2020 work from home opportunity review
- Six steps to follow if you want to work with Appen:
- Personal data – your general info
- Internet information – how you participate online
- Share your resume
- Master service agreement – you’ll need to sign!
- Application source – makes sense.
- Data overview – well, you’re going to research data, so they need to know what you know!
The video is good so check it out in the link above.
Having found out about Appen, it made sense to check them out.
Appen, which stands for ‘Asia Pacific Peoples Environment Network’ and, on their homepage, they say, ‘We provide high-quality training data with our leading technology platform managed services and our global crowd to power AI globally.’
‘We are a global company that operates in over 130 countries in over 180 languages. We collect and label images, speech, text, video, and more to build and improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems.’
The job application page on Appen about Social Media Evaluators is an excellent article that showcases some key topics on ‘how to become a social media evaluator’ topics such as:
- Who is Appen?
- What kind of work does a social media evaluator do?
- Job requirements
- Again, what time of hours and pay you can expect
A bit of a Google search will suggest that some have suggested that ‘working for Appen is a pretty good place to earn extra money but not as the main job – whilst there is great flexibility, there are not enough projects’
But, as always, read and believe for yourself.
Google IS your friend, right … one search, linked from previous articles and comments, took us to Lionbridge.
It would appear to be a similar organization as the one listed above when we read ‘A Lionbridge rater job involves analyzing and providing feedback on text, web pages, images, and other types of information for leading search engines, using an online tool.
Rates log on to the online tool, select tasks on a self-directed schedule.
Again, Google shared a viewer’s opinion when they said, ‘The typical Lionbridge social media evaluator salary.’
Glassdoor Social Media Evaluator Jobs
This Glassdoor company was referenced in the YouTube video above and is a great place to evaluate social media evaluator salaries.
It allows you to choose industries, company sizes, and years of experience to give you guidance on this key topic.
Where To Go Next If You Want To Be A Social Media Evaluator?
Perhaps a refresh.
- Essentially a social media evaluator rates the relevancy and accuracy of ads and other content on their personal social media accounts. The ads are specifically targeted to various combinations of market demographics.
- Some key companies are dominating this environment from a job perspective.
- It is a flexible role, so that it could be ideal.
- Like all jobs, they come with pros and cons, and we need to weigh those up based on our needs.
It was great researching this topic, and it looks like a really promising avenue. We hope that some, or all, of the content listed above is helpful.
As ever, we would love to hear your success stories. Good luck and enjoy the journey.