Last Updated on December 6, 2022 by Anne-Sophie Reinhardt
We know you’d rather be at home – so would we. That’s why we’re taking a look at all the exciting work-from-home jobs for moms, and in this article, we look at blogging as a full-time job. As a mom, you don’t want to miss a second of watching your child growing up; it just goes by so fast. It can be hard to find a balance between work and spending enough time with your little one.
Thankfully, there are tons of remote jobs that you can do from the comfort of your own home! (*Thank you, internet*) This will help you spend enough time with your child as you can and not miss any of the big moments.
If you have a passion for writing and enjoy sharing your thoughts, opinions and you would love to get paid for this, then blogging may be the perfect stay-at-home job for you! There are plenty of websites looking for moms to write for them from the comfort of their own homes.
What Is Blogging Jobs For Moms?
Blogging jobs include all online writing jobs, graphics jobs, and even developing projects for other bloggers, brands, and companies. When you have a blogging job, it can be recurring as you will have to continuously provide content for a company, brand, or personal blog.
Duties Of A Blogger
You may be thinking, what is a blog? Blogs are usually written to educate and inform readers on specific topics. The duties of bloggers include:
- Content Writing
- Marketing, to promote products on their website
- Pitching ideas
- Marketing posts
- Conducting research
However, a blogger’s duties do not end there. They need to make sure that the content in their blog is valuable and entertaining and to start building trust with their readers. You can either start your own blog or become a blogger full-time or a freelance blogger for a company.
5 Perfect Blogging Jobs For Moms
A Fine Parent
A Fine Parent is currently not accepting new applicants, but their submissions will be opening in May 2021, just around the corner! They have a strong belief that ‘good parents are made and not born’ and would like all parents to benefit from each other by sharing their stories.
Each month a theme is selected, which the writer focuses on with the main aim is to share positive parenting habits. The site pays approximately $100 for 1500-3000 word posts which is wonderful because you are basically paying to share your experiences as a mom!
- Your article needs to include solid references
- It would be best to have lessons that you have learned from your experiences.
- Your article needs to be powerfully written, including a personal anecdote
- Your article needs to be unique
- Written in a web-format
- The article needs to be 1000-13000 words in length.
FreelanceMom strongly believes that women can still be themselves even after becoming a mom. The site wants to offer parents the option to be a freelancer or solopreneur writer. They are looking for r personal stories that their readers can learn from written by both moms and dads.
- Offering relevant and actionable advice
- The article needs to contain a ‘20-30 minute action plan.’
- Guest articles need to be 900 t0 1500 words
- Your article needs to be unique
5 steps are included when submitting your post this includes:
- Tell them the topic of your post
- Submit the first paragraph of your post and an outline
- When emailing the post include the keywords in the subject line: ‘FreelanceMom Guest Post Submission
- Email outline to [email protected]
- FreelanceMom’s will get back to you to let you know if your idea suites their site.
This well-known magazine is looking for real-life stories from parents, this may be the perfect opportunity for you! Healthy Living pays approximately $150 for a 1500-6000 word post.
- Original and exclusive articles
- You will have to agree to give Healthy Living the right to make changes to your content.
- A writer will have access to writing a summary of your article and post it
- Healthy Living will not provide you extra remuneration for republishing your article
Raising Arizona Kids
Raising Arizona Kids is calling all the Arizona Mamas! The site is looking for moms who want to share their stories about raising their kids and the easily available resources. Raising Arizona Kids pays approximately $250 for 1000-3000 words for a post.
- Unique angel to your story
- It would be best if you were between the ages of 25 to 54 years old
- Based in Arizona
- You will need to provide Raising Arizona Kids with your social security number.
- Names and contact info of any parents that you reference in your article
- Your kid’s names and ages
Grown and Flown
Grown and Flown is the perfect site for parents whose kids have left the nest. Even though your kids may no longer live with you, that does not mean that you ever stop being a parent, which is exactly what Grown and Flown is about. This is a great space for experienced parents to pass their parenting knowledge to newer parents. The site is always looking for new voices to contribute as guest writers, and you can email them at [email protected].
- Your blog post needs to be between 800 to 1500 words
- Try to include graphics
- Include a proposed title
- You will have to agree to give Grown and Flown the right to share your blog post across all their social media platforms.
- Your content needs to be original.
For more information about the position, click here.
Alternative Blogging Jobs For Stay-At-Home Moms
If you are not interested in writing for other sites and would like to have more freedom and truly enjoy your blogging experience as a stay-at-home mom, then starting your own blog may be the best idea for you.
Tips and Tools for writing the perfect blog
- Research and select your niche
- Make sure your blog is easy and enjoyable to read
- Make use of tools like Grammarly to avoid any errors
- Conduct in-depth research on your topics
- Ensure your blog is aesthetically pleasing
- Connect your blog with a social media account
Benefits of Starting your own Mom Blog
- You have complete creative freedom; you can write about whatever inspires you.
- Work whenever and from whenever suits you
- You can set your own deadlines
- Starting your own blog can help you start your own business
- A blog may help you express yourself and help you release stress (8We know moms need this the most!*)
According to ZipRecruiter, work from home bloggers earns a national average of $58,887 a year. However, this is the national average for bloggers who write for other websites and not their personal blogs.