Single Mothers Assistance in Washington

Last Updated on September 13, 2023 by Lori Pace

A single mother can get assistance through various federal and non-federal programs in Washington.

Single mother assistance in Washington

Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)

The WAP aims to increase energy efficiency, improve safety, and reduce the cost of utilities. The assistance include services like insulation in the walls and attic, sealing ducts, caulking, and weather stripping around doors and windows, and cleaning, repairing and safety testing the heating unit for carbon monoxide. An additional program Weatherization Plus Health fixates on asthma prevention along with energy efficiency through cleaning and sealing ductwork, air infiltration and evaluation of heating system.

Telephone Discount

Lifeline, a federally funded program provides qualified customers with a $9.25 discount every month on telephone services. Call 888-641-8722 or the FCC at 888-CALL-FCC to learn more.

Link-Up is a program available to Tribal lands exclusively. The program covers 50% of installation fees of a household that are getting telephone service for the first time.

Food Assistance for Single Mothers

The SNAP provides food assistance to low-income individuals, single mothers, and families through and Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Card. The card is used to supplement your food budget and can only help you buy more nutritious food for you and your family. Learn more about the program and locate a SNAP office near you online or call the SNAP hotline at 877-501-2233 for immediate assistance.

Utility Assistance for Single Mothers

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
LIHEAP helps qualified applicants with bill payment assistance, energy crisis aid, and weatherization with energy efficient home repairs. Visit the LIHEAP website or call 360-725-2857 to learn more and learn how to apply.

Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

Visit HUD page to view utility assistance resources.

The Auburn Food Bank
helps with food and utility bills.

Foreclosure Prevention Assistance for Single Parents

Legal Self-help is available to those facing foreclosure or being served with eviction through the Northwest Justice Project (NJP) page. To those not ready to speak with a legal professional about their responsibilities and rights, visit the US’s legal aid page.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!