Grants for Single Mothers in Wyoming

Last Updated on January 31, 2024 by Lori Pace

As a single mother who has personally benefited from government assistance programs in Wyoming, I can attest to the invaluable support they offer. In fact, according to the latest data from the Wyoming Department of Family Services, these programs have been instrumental in providing essential financial aid and resources to individuals like us during challenging times.

However, if you are looking for all government grants in the US for single mothers, read the linked article. In this feature, see all the assistance offered in the state of Wyoming, and consider all your options so you can benefit from them.

Single-Parent Resources and Government Grants in WY

To make the most of these programs, you’ll want to dive into the specifics. Here’s a more detailed look at a few key programs.


TANF, or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, is a lifeline for single mothers in Wyoming like me. This program provides crucial monthly cash assistance to help cover basic needs. To apply for TANF, I recommend visiting the official Wyoming Department of Family Services website to download the application form. You can also reach out to the DFS team directly at (307) 754-2245 or via email at for assistance and guidance through the application process.


SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, has been a lifeline for me and many other single mothers in Wyoming. It helps ensure that our families have access to nutritious food. For more details on SNAP and the application process, I recommend visiting the official Wyoming SNAP website for comprehensive information and to download the application form. You can also reach the SNAP hotline at (307) 777-5846 with any questions or concerns.

a table filled with a variety of vibrant fresh fruits, vegetables, and grains


Wyoming Medicaid is a healthcare program available to single mothers, children, and low-income families. Apply online, over the phone at 1-855-294-2127, by mail to the WDH Customer Service Center, or by fax to 1-855-329-5205.

Ask about Medicaid programs and services at (855) 294-2127 or

Kid Care CHIP

Kid Care CHIP can assist if your child qualifies. You can quickly go online and look up the nearest CHIP providers in your state. The CHIP Program allows you to apply online, by phone at 1-855-294-2127, by mail, or by walk-in. Be sure to check the official Wyoming CHIP website for the most current application methods and requirements. Keeping up-to-date ensures that you’re following the right procedures to access this vital support.

Child Care Subsidy Program

Single mothers can qualify for a Child Care Subsidy to pay for affordable childcare costs. To apply to this program, download the DFS Application for Benefits online or visit the nearest DFS office in your area, but you’ll need to have an appointment set.

A lot of kids 3 to 4 years old are sitting in a kindergarden on a green round carpet and playing with plastic cubes that have letters on them. An young lady teacher explains them how to play with the cubes


CACFP or the Child and Adult Care Food Program is Wyoming’s food program. It provides healthy and affordable meals for adults and children in daycare centers. To benefit from this program, you must meet the eligibility income guidelines. You can find a list of preschools, daycares, and Head Start centers that participate in your county.


The fall and winter seasons can mean high bills for low-income households, but you can make that more affordable by signing up for LIEAP, also known as the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
To apply for this grant, download the application from their website or give them a call at 1-800-246-4221 and have them send an application to you.

Contact them at (800) 246-4221 or for more information about the program.

Unemployment Insurance

The DFS ( Department of Workforce Services) has the UI grant or the Unemployment Insurance for single mothers who qualify. Submit an online application or call them up at (307) 473-3789. You can also reach their helpline at (307) 235-3264 for more help

Pell Grant

As a single mother pursuing higher education myself, I understand the importance of financial aid. The Pell Grant has been instrumental in my academic journey. To determine if you qualify for this grant, the first step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

For expert guidance and more information about the Pell Grant, consider reaching out to the University of Wyoming’s student financial aid office at (307) 766-3016 or via email at

Head Start

Wyoming’s Head Start program has played a pivotal role in my child’s early education, and I want to share how single mothers like me can access these vital resources. In addition to healthcare and educational support, the program offers valuable guidance for parents. To get started, locate the nearest Head Start office in your area by visiting the official Head Start website. There, you can find the necessary forms to apply and learn about the services they offer.

As a fellow single mother who understands the importance of your child’s early education, I recommend reaching out to program coordinators for personalized guidance on making the most of Head Start for your child’s development. Additionally, for crucial financial or life issues, consider consulting with financial advisors or experts in relevant fields to ensure you’re making the best decisions for your family’s well-being.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!