Grants for Single Mothers in New Hampshire

Sharing is caring!

Last Updated on September 28, 2023 by Lori Pace

Ensuring that all of your bills are on time and that your children are cared for isn’t always as simple as it might seem, particularly if you’re a single mom. Fortunately, there are various State Grants available to assist those in need. In this article, we’ll show single moms in New Hampshire where and how they can apply.

Help for Single Moms in New Hampshire

Women, Infants, and Children

The WIC program in New Hampshire provides referral services, healthcare support, and nutritional services to breastfeeding mothers, pregnant women, and their young children. Contact the State WIC Agency at 1-800-942-4321 to become a WIC member.

Rental Assistance Program

New Hampshire Housing administers the federally subsidized Housing Choice Voucher Program. They created the program to provide rental assistance to low-income families and single moms with housing needs. The state offers co-payment incentives to eligible participants in their rental homes. Contact the NHH Office at 1-800-439-7247 to see if you qualify for assistance.

A traditional home situated on a large residential lot, with a tiny house on wheels parked on the side. The main house is charming and inviting, surrounded by a lush, well-maintained lawn. Across the yard, the tiny house, with its compact design and modern aesthetics, provides a striking contrast. The lighting is natural, with a clear, sunny day casting soft shadows. The colors are vibrant and true-to-life, with the green of the lawn contrasting with the colors of the houses. The shot is taken from a distance, capturing the entire scene. The image is hyper-realistic, with every detail of the houses, the tiny house, and the surrounding environment meticulously rendered.

Child Care Scholarship

The New Hampshire Department of Human and Health Services offers child care assistance. You should apply to see whether you are eligible for compensation if you meet the income criteria and are working. To apply or learn more about the initiative, call the Child Support Services office at 603-271-4427.

Financial Assistance for Needy Families Program

The Financial Assistance for Needy Families (FANF) program is available through the federal TANF block grant. They help single moms by giving them temporary cash loans to support their basic needs. Applicants must meet income and job criteria to be qualified for payments. Still, you can call the Cash Assistance Office at 603-271-9700 to see if you qualify.

Food Stamp Program

The Food Stamp Program in New Hampshire offers incentives to low-income households that they can use to buy food at participating grocery stores. You may be eligible for the program depending on your household’s size and income level. You may apply for food stamps by calling the Food Stamp Program Hotline at 603-271-9700.

mid-level shot of produce section in grocery store with people, shot on Kodak Gold 200


Single mothers that cannot afford medical and dental care services for their family can check to see whether they qualify for Medicaid benefits. The New Hampshire Medicaid Program caters to families under the low-income bracket. You can apply for benefits by contacting the Medicaid Division of the Department of Health and Human Services at 603-271-4344.

Fuel Assistance Program

In New Hampshire, the federal Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program is known as the Fuel Assistance Program. FAP will support single moms with utility bill payments and weatherization programs to save money on their home energy costs. Prospective applicants must contact the FAP Office at 603-271-2685 to apply for FAP benefits.

Head Start

If you cannot afford quality child care for your children and would like to apply for help, the federal Head Start program could be of interest. Head Start is a child care program that ensures that children are ready for school and receive adequate nutrition and education. Call the Department of Health and Human Services at 603-271-4451 to learn more about how the program will help you and your family.

Electric Assistance Program

Single mothers should apply to the Electric Assistance Program (EAP) to see if they are eligible for power bill discounts. To learn more about the program or begin the application process, call the Office of Energy and Planning at 603-271-2155.

We hope that this page has assisted single moms in New Hampshire in locating assistance grants to provide them with a helping hand while they are in need.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!