Sometimes, protein powder is the best option to compensate for your daily nutrition. However, if you can’t afford it, can you buy protein powder with ebt?
So, the short answer is it’s possible to purchase most protein powders using your EBT. But this depends on the brand. You can buy protein powders that are sold in food form and marked with “Nutrition Facts” using your EBT. However, you cannot use your EBT for protein powders sold as supplements, and marked with “Supplement facts”. Below are lists of protein powder brands that you can buy with EBT. You may also use your EBT to purchase creatine and meal replacement shakes.
- 1 What Protein Powder Can I Buy With EBT (Food Stamps)?
- 2 Lists of EBT Eligible Protein Powders You Can Buy
- 3 Is It Possible to Buy Creatine With EBT
- 4 Can You Buy Meal Replacement Shakes With Food Stamps?
What Protein Powder Can I Buy With EBT (Food Stamps)?
Remember that SNAP benefits (EBT cards / food stamps) are there to help people buy food. This is where the line usually ends: Does the product technically qualify as food?
Protein powders are both a food and a supplement. Therefore, protein powder companies can decide to market it as either a food or a supplement. Hence, most protein powders are available with food stamps.
Lists of EBT Eligible Protein Powders You Can Buy
You may have to check the labeling on protein powders you buy in the store to determine if they are eligible or not.
Buy EBT Eligible Plant-Based Protein Powders
- Garden of Life Meal Replacement
- Garden of Life Sport
- NAKED Pea Protein
- NOW Sports Pea Protein
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard (100% Plant-Based)
- Vega Sport Premium Protein
Buy EBT Eligible Whey Protein and Animal Protein Powders
- Ascent Native Fuel Whey
- BSN Syntha-6 Edge
- Dymatize ISO100 Hydrolyzed
- Isopure Low Carb
- Levels Whey Protein
- MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard (100% Whey)
Is It Possible to Buy Creatine With EBT
Creatine can’t be bought with food stamps (EBT), as it counts only as a supplement and not a food. Creatine monohydrate, unlike protein powder which can be sold as both a food or a supplement, is sold only as a supplement. It is not a food that you can purchase with EBT.
Can You Buy Meal Replacement Shakes With Food Stamps?
Use your EBT to purchase most meal replacement shakes, but this depends on the brand.You may buy shakes that are labeled “Nutrition Facts” and sold as food using your EBT. EBT is not eligible for supplements that are labeled with Supplement Facts.
The answer to meal replacement shakes is basically the same as for protein powders. However, you can’t buy everything using your food stamps.
EBT Eligible Meal Replacement Shakes
- Evolve Protein Shake [Vegan]
- Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal Replacement Powder [Vegan]
- Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Powder [Vegan]
- PlantFusion Complete Meal [Vegan]
- 310 Meal Replacement Shake [Vegan]
- IdealShake Meal Replacement Shakes
- Labrada Lean Body Hi-Protein Meal Replacement Shake
- MET-Rx Original Whey Meal Replacement Shakes
- Premier Protein 30g Protein Shake
- SlimFast Original Meal Replacement Shake Mix