Single Mothers Grants in Ogden, Utah

Last Updated on September 20, 2023 by Lori Pace

Many organizations in Ogden, UT offer grants for single parents or moms, low-income individuals, and families. Here, you’ll find out how to get the help you need.

Grants for single moms in Ogden, Utah

Cash Assistance for Single Mothers in Ogden, Utah

People in financial need can get assistance from the Utah Department of Workforce Services (DWS). Register in Ogden’s low-income program by applying online and reviewing your qualifications. Visit the Ogden DWS Center, or call (866) 335-5414.

Help with Food for single mothers in Ogden, Utah

If you meet the requirements, apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) in Utah. Apply online or visit the nearest DWS center.

Six Utah Food Bank food pantries are located in Ogden, UT. For assistance, call 2-1-1 or visit the nearest pantry.

Help with Shelter and Housing for single mothers in Ogden, Utah

Weber Housing Authority provides five housing programs: sheltering, supportive housing, and rental assistance. Contact the main office at 801 399-8691, or email them.

Call Ogden Rescue Mission at 801 399 3058 for sheltering. The Lantern House Shelter can be reached at (801) 6421-5036. These organizations offer free dental and medical services.

Help with Energy and Utilities for single mothers in Ogden, Utah

Home Energy Assistance Target Program (HEAT) offers affordable energy options to residents of Weber County. Reach the local HEAT office to sign up all year round by calling (801) 394-5774. This program starts in November.

Find more information about energy assistance at the DWS office, or call (866-435-7414).

Energy And Utilities 6 1

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

The Utah Telephone Assistance Program is available to all who meet the requirements. Apply by calling 1-800-948-7540, or sending mail to the UTAP Program, or visiting their website.

Help with Childcare

Utah DWS offices have available childcare resources. Apply for financial assistance through the Employment Support Child Care Program or Family Employment Program. Visit the Office of Child Care on the DWS site to find local providers.

Help with Medical and Dental Care

DWS can assist you with medical assistance through CHIP or Medicaid. Requirements may vary depending on income, age, and health conditions. Find out if you meet the requirements by calling (866) 435-7414 or by dropping by the Ogden Center office.

Find dental and medical clinics in the Ogden region to get low-cost and free services.

Help with Legal Matters

Utah Legal Services assists people who need justice for housing, family, bankruptcy, and cases involving domestic violence. If you reside in Weber County, call (800) 642 245. Call the Ogden office at 801 394-9431 or email them.

Legal Matters 3

Help with Financial Counseling

America First Credit Union can help you resolve financial problems for late payments, bankruptcy, or foreclosure. You can call (801) 827-8946 to find a branch near you.

Help from Other Groups

Cottages of Hope offer transitional housing and clothing vouchers in Ogden. For assistance, call (801) 394-9460 or (801) 392-7273. The Domestic Violence Victim Assistance Center offers free tax preparations and other events.

The Salvation Army Ogden Corps helps with food drives, thrift shops, and youth programs. Visit their website or call (801) 623 3580.

A variety of options are available for low-income people to get by until their next paycheck. You can take advantage of Ogden’s assistance programs to help you survive.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!