Single Mothers Grants in Port Arthur, Texas

Sharing is caring!

Last Updated on September 19, 2023 by Lori Pace

This page will provide you with information on grants for single parents and how and where to apply for Port Arthur, Texas bill assistance. Below are some assistance programs available for low-income individuals and families in Jefferson County.

Grants for single parents in Port Arthur

Cash Assistance for Single Mothers

If you have children under the age of 18 and meet income requirements, the Texas Temporary Assistance For Needy Families program can provide cash loans to your family. TANF funds is used to pay for basic necessities including food, clothing, and healthcare services. Call the Assistance Office at 1-800-647-66558 to apply for TANF.

Help With Food for Single Mothers

Golden Triangle Church of The Rock offers a Food Pantry to help those in immediate need. Call the office at 409-722-1962 to apply for assistance.

Help With Shelter and Housing for Single Mothers

Family Services of Southeast Texas provides assistance for families and individuals who are struggling with housing. They offer assistance through housing assistance and emergency shelter. They offer financial counselling to anyone who is interested in becoming financially healthy. For assistance with housing or shelter, call them at 409-833 2668.

Shelter And Housing 7

Help With Energy and Utilities for Single Mothers

If you meet federal requirements, the Jefferson County LEAP may be able to help you. This program helps households who are looking for utility assistance. It offers a way to lower a household’s energy costs. You can apply for the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program by calling 1-866-432-8355.

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

Texas LifeLine is part of the federal LifeLine Telephone Discount Program. It is available locally to low-income households through LifeLine Accredited Service Providers. Contact Southwest Arkansas Telephone Cooperative, Inc. on 870-653-9222 to apply for the telephone discount program.

Help With Childcare

Low-income families that have minor children can apply for a Child Care Assistance Program. This program is open to all who meet the income and work requirements. Child Support Services administers the program through a federal block grant. Contact their office at 1-800-647-66558 to request benefits.

Help With Medical and Dental Care

Medicaid is a way for low-income families and individuals to have access to affordable and high quality medical and dental care. The Department of Human Services administers Medicaid, which means it’s a public health program. Apply for benefits by contacting 1-800-221-3943.

Medical And Dental Care 5 2

Help With Legal Matters

Lone Star Legal Aid may be able to help you if you are unable to afford a lawyer and in need of legal advice. This non-profit legal organization provides low-cost and free legal assistance. Call their Legal Aid Intake Line at 409-835-4971 to apply for assistance.

Help From Other Groups

The Salvation Army of Texas provides assistance to over 60 communities. They offer financial counseling, shelter, emergency food, cash assistance, healthcare, and assistance with employment. Request assistance by calling them at (512) 782-8800.

We hope that Port Arthur residents found this page helpful in their quest to find resources that could help with their bills.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!