Single Mothers Grants in Ridgecrest, California

Last Updated on January 16, 2024 by Lori Pace

Residents living in Ridgecrest can get a single mother grant or assistance for their different needs through the following programs below.

Single mother grant programs in Ridgecrest

Cash Assistance

The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program provides cash assistance for residents of Kern County. You can apply online or call their automated helpline at 1-877-410-8812.

Help with Food

The CalFresh program assists residents of California with buying food items. Call (760) 499-5200 or visit their Ridgecast office personally to apply. To know more about the program, visit their website.

Food Programs For Single Mothers 2

Help with Shelter and Housing

Single mothers are offered affordable, minimum rental limit public housing. 30% of your monthly salary will be the rental amount. The Central Office provides the application forms that are returned either by person or mail. Visit their website to know more.

Help with Energy and Utilities

The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) provides a one-time annual payment to qualified low-income households to assist with their utility bills. You may call (661) 336-5203 or mail to start your application. To know more information, visit their website.

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

California Budget Mobile LifeLine offers a phone and unlimited monthly minutes with no fees and contracts. Income and participation in public benefits are part of the qualifications for the program. Call (888) 777-4007 or submit an application form online to apply. Visit their website to know more.

Help with Childcare

Early Head Start provides child care for children from birth to 3 years of age. Eligible families are given access to nutritional, educational, and medical services. You can call them at 1-800-701-7060 or fax at (661) 336-5323. To view more information, visit their website.

Child Care 1 1

Help with Medical and Dental Care

Medi-Cal provides assistance with family’s medical, dental, and vision needs. Call (661) 631-6807 or contact your local DHS office in Ridgecrest to start your application. To know more about the program, visit their website.

Help with Legal Matters

Visit this website to know where you can find centers in Kern County that provide legal counseling, self-help, and representation. They assist you in legal matters involving family, employment, civil rights, criminal, and elderly law.

Help with Financial Counseling

The AltaOne credit union provides financial education services. You can get a free personal finance coach or the GreenPath Wellness center. Call (760) 371-7000 or (800) 433-9727 or visit their website if you want more information.

Help From Other Groups

The California Alternative Payment Program (CAPP) provides additional assistance with child care. For children of age 12 or younger, choose a licensed provider. You can apply online or submit your application. Visit their website to know more.

We hope this list of resources has helped single mothers in Kern County find the assistance that they are looking for in terms of cash, food, or housing.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!