Single Mothers Grants in Stillwater, Oklahoma

Last Updated on January 16, 2024 by Lori Pace

This page can help you locate local grants for single moms to help you pay your bills if you’re a resident of Stillwater.

Grants for single moms in Stillwater

Cash Assistance

The federal TANF program, administered by the Department of Human Services provides time-limited cash assistance to families with minor children. Learn more about Temporary Assistance for Needy Families or apply for the program through their website or call the DHS office at 504-707-3700.

Help With Food

One of the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma’s food pantries provides food assistance. On their website, there is a list of emergency assistance sites, pantries, and program details. Reach the office at 918-585-2800 for inquiries.

Ruthking A Woman And A Child The Woman Holding The Egg Beater T 7b732961 07fc 4b5a 9be0 Ad35e4885baa

Help With Shelter and Housing

The Mission of Hope works to end homelessness through its emergency shelters and a range of assistance services, including counseling and case management. Call the office at 405-332-5521 to request assistance. Learn more about the Mission or its programs, through their website.

Help With Energy and Utilities

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program provides assistance in lowering your household’s energy bills. Find the eligibility requirements and benefits for LIHEAP online or call the DHS office at 405-521-3444 for inquiries.

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

AT&T is an accredited provider of the federal telephone discount program, LifeLine Oklahoma. The website offers information about the LifeLine program. You may be eligible for benefits if your family has a low income. Sign up for LifeLine Oklahoma by calling 1-877-677-0250.

Help With Childcare

The Department of Human Services administers subsidized childcare programs for families with children under the age of 18. You can visit their website, or call them at 405-521-393 to inquire about benefits and/or to request any questions answered.

Child Care 11

Help With Medical and Dental Care

Medicaid or Medicare provides insurance for Oklahoma residents that cannot afford private insurance. They base the benefits on their income, work status, and age. For more information about both federally funded healthcare programs, contact the DHS’s Health Services Division at 405-521-3679 or visit their website.

Help With Legal Matters

Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma are for people in need of legal advice or representation, but cannot afford one. Visit their website, or call them at 1-888-534-5243 to know more about how they’ll help you with your legal issues.

Help With Financial Counseling

Neighborhood Housing Services of Oklahoma makes sure that residents of Oklahoma have more affordable housing. They offer free financial counseling and housing assistance for people who want to be self-reliant. Learn more and reserve your seat, by calling them at 405-231-4663 or visit their website.

Help From Other Groups

Restore Hope Ministries offers emergency food assistance, counseling services, and seasonal community services for those in need. Visit their website to learn more about the program details. If you need immediate assistance, call the office at 918-5782-5766.

This page should have provided you with a complete list of resources that may be able to provide bill assistance in Stillwater. We hope you find the right assistance program for you.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!