Single Mothers Grants in Van Buren, Arkansas

Last Updated on January 15, 2024 by Lori Pace

This page is for single mothers in Van Buren looking for financial hardship grants.

Grants for single mothers in Van Buren

Cash Assistance

The Arkansas Department of Workforce has an initiative called Temporary Assistance For Needy Families (TANF) that aims to end single mother dependency on government assistance by giving them opportunities to work and marry. Learn more about TANF on the website.

Cash Assistance 2

Help With Food

The Arkansas Department of Human Services provides assistance through programs such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Summer Feeding Programs, and Special Nutrition. Visit their website or call 479-474-7595 to start your application.

Help With Shelter and Housing

The Van Buren Housing Authority provides decent housing for families with low or moderate-income. Visit the website or call 479-474-6901 to learn more about this authority and submit your details.

Help With Energy and Utilities

Request assistance in paying for utility and energy bills through LIHEAP. Download the application form at the Arkansas Department of Human Services website. HEAP is available too, contact the office at 501-745-4192.

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

Assist Wireless is a part of the Lifeline Assistance initiative that provides help to single mothers in getting a phone service as low as $1 per month. A participant of any state or federal program like housing, food, or other programs are eligible for this assistance. Visit the website, or call 855-392-7747 to learn more about the qualifications.

Help With Childcare

Families with low incomes can receive Child Care Assistance. Qualified single mothers can get financial assistance to help them afford quality child care. Learn more about this program through their website or call 800-322-8176.

Child Care 4

Help With Legal Matters

The Centre for Legal Services offers pro bono legal services to single mothers. Visit the website, or call the office at 479-785-5211 to find out more.

Help With Financial Counseling

CCOA assists single mothers and vulnerable groups to learn how to manage their finances and learn how to budget. This organization provides free seminars, financial counseling, and access to credit reports reviews. Find information about their assistance on the website, or by calling 479-521-8877 or 800-889-4916.

Help From Other Groups

The United Way of Fort Smith Area mobilizes communities to address critical issues like hunger and early childhood education. For more information on how you can benefit from the initiative or to contribute, visit the website or call the office at 479-782-3505.

We hope the information on this page will be helpful to single mothers and their families in their time of need.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!