Last Updated on September 12, 2023 by Lori Pace
Tummy tuck (or abdominoplasty) can be used to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen. Most commonly, this mommy makeover procedure is used to improve the shape and appearance of the lower abdomen. This is a great way to have a more contoured body. For the expenses, different states will have different price tags. You may wonder where the cheapest state for tummy tuck are?
There are many types of tummy-tuck procedures available. The average cost for each type of procedure varies widely. A mini tummy-tuck can be more expensive than a traditional tummy-tuck.
Tummy Tuck Costs
Tummy tucks can be expensive. The exact cost of abdominoplasty in the United States depends on many factors. The most important factors that determine the cost of a tummy tuck are:
- Type of tummy-tuck: Mini tummy or conventional tummy.
- The provider (experience, training and specialization of the surgeon).
- Consultation fee (may/may not be applied to the total cost).
- Fees for anesthesiologists (experience, training, etc.)
- Recovery expenses (special equipment, follow-ups, etc.)
- Location (facility fees vary by region)
Your surgeon will decide which type of tummy-tuck procedure is most appropriate for you.
The State That Offers The Cheapest Tummy Tuck
Your surgeon will often quote you the “average cost” for a tummy tuck. You may also receive the “surgeon’s fee”. Every healthcare provider will have business-related expenses such as staff, office rent, and medical supplies.
The total cost of a tummy tuck increases due to additional factors. Additional medical staff such as nurses, anesthesiologists and surgical assistants. This includes the medical supplies and tools such as gauze, needles, gauze, gowns, etc.
You will also need to pay for medications such as painkillers, sedatives, and antibiotics. This also includes the total cost of the hospital or healthcare facility’s operation room. These expenses are not the only ones you will have to pay. You should also consider your personal costs. These could include travel expenses, consultation fees, and pre-operative care.
How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost (State-Wise)?
- US$ 4,000 – US$ 15,000 – Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon
- US$ 4,000 – US$ 18,000 – Kansas, Montana, South Carolina
- US$ 4,000 – US$ 14,000 – Washington
- US$ 4,300 – US$ 9,500 – Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee
- US$ 4,400 – US$ 9,500 – Alabama
- US$ 4,500 – US$ 9,995 – Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, Wyoming
- US$ 4,500 – US$ 14,000 – Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington D.C., West Virginia
- US$ 4,900 – US$ 18,000 – Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Wisconsin