Single Mothers Grants in Paragould, Arkansas

Last Updated on January 16, 2024 by Lori Pace

In times of financial difficulty, this guide is to help find grants for single moms in Paragould, Greene County in Arkansas find programs that could help them.

Grants for Single Moms in Paragould

Cash Assistance

The Arkansas Department of Works uses the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program to help families live together. The Arkansas Department of Works provides services and resources to encourage families towards self-reliance. Visit the website to learn more about this program.

Help With Food

SNAP provides assistance for single mothers facing difficulties providing food for their families. Households who receive SNAP benefits need to use the assistance given to purchase nutritious food. Find more information on other programs at the website, or call the office at 870.236.8723.

Help With Shelter and Housing

Paragould Housing Authority offers housing solutions to low-income households based on their needs. The Paragould Housing Authority offers Single Mothers access to large rooms, exercise facilities, and laundry areas. For more information, contact the Paragould Housing Authority at 800-285-1121.

Help With Energy and Utilities

The Arkansas Department of Human Services provides assistance with utility bills and energy. Through its Weatherization Assistance Program, the Arkansas energy office can help households save energy. For assistance with Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program applications, please visit the website and call the office at 870-236-88773.

Energy And Utilities 5 1

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

True Wireless offers discounted and subsidized wireless services to qualified households. Single mothers must meet the eligibility requirements on the website to be able to apply for the program. Apply to this program if you are already a participant in the Supplementary Security Scheme or LIHEAP. For more information, call the office at (877) 412-1919.

Help With Childcare

Low-income families can apply for the Child Care Assistance program. Single mothers can apply for the Child Care Assistance program if they meet the requirements. To be able to apply, working at least 30 hours per workweek and also participating in full-time education or training programs is needed. You can find more information on the program at the website, or call their office at (870-236-8723).

Help With Medical and Dental Care

Medicaid provides assistance to low-income families to help pay their medical bills. Visit the website to learn more about this program.

Help With Legal Matters

Legal Aid Arkansas offers legal aid to low-income families to help them access justice. Apply online for legal aid if your case concerns family law, evictions, rental issues, bankruptcy, or consumer rights. Contact the office at 870-972-9224

Legal Matters 2

Help With Financial Counseling

Single mothers can access the services of CCOA, which include credit report review, debt management and bankruptcy assistance. Get more information about how you and your family can benefit from this assistance, visit the website or call their office at 479-521-8877 or 800-889-4916.

Help From Other Groups

Mission Outreach of Northeast Arkansas provides shelter, food pantry, fuel, rent, and a soup kitchen. Find more information about the program on the website, or call 870-236-1216 for additional details.

We hope you find the above information helpful in your search for different types of support for your family and yourself.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!