Single Mothers Grants in Sherwood, Arkansas

Last Updated on January 17, 2024 by Lori Pace

This page is for single mothers in Sherwood to identify and apply to single mom grants in their county in times of financial hardship.

Single mom grants in Sherwood

Cash Assistance

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families is a program that provides cash to single mothers in order for them to be able to care for their children at home. The assistance should eventually lead to some degree of independence. The website has more information about the qualifications.

Help With Food

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Programme (SNAP) supports low-income households, even single mothers, to afford healthy food. Families receiving assistance from the SNAP program must supplement their income in most cases. For more information, visit the website

Help With Shelter and Housing

Three programs are offered by the Our House initiative to encourage sustainability and help people move out of poverty. Single mothers receiving assistance from the organization must be willing to work full-time. For more information, please call 501-374-7383 or visit the website.

Help With Energy and Utilities

Arkansas Home Energy Assistance Program supports single mothers pay their utility and energy bills. You will need to produce a disconnection notice and proof that the utility bill is in order to submit an application. To apply, visit the website

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

Lifeline is a program that supports low-income subscribers in different states of America to have access to wireless phone services. You must meet the eligibility requirements and maintain compliance to apply for this program. You can visit the website, or call the customer service line at 877-412-1919.

Help With Childcare

Single mothers with children under 12 years old can apply for child support assistance. You must prove that each adult in your household works at least 30 hours per week, or that they are enrolled in full-time study. For more information, visit the website or call the department at 800-322-8176.

Help With Legal Matters

The Central Arkansas Legal Services can assist low-income households that require assistance in non-criminal matters. For more information, visit the website or call the office at 501-376-3664.

Help With Financial Counseling

The CCOA is available to low-income families who need financial coaching to guide them in the direction towards self-sustenance. They provide counseling services in the areas of money management, credit score reviews, and planning for buying a house. For more information or to make an appointment, visit the website or call the office at 479-521-8877 or 800-889-94916.

Financial Counseling

Help From Other Groups

The Catholic Diocese in Little Rock is available to help vulnerable individuals, including single mothers, during times of crisis. They offer services like alcohol and drug ministry and family assistance. They provide food, medical supplies, and shelter for the homeless. Find out more through their website or call the office at (501)664-0340.

We hope you find the information above helpful as you search for different types of assistance for your family and yourself.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!