Single Mothers Grants in Shoreline, Washington

Last Updated on January 17, 2024 by Lori Pace

Many people struggle with managing low income every day. There are many free grants for single mothers available in Shoreline, Washington that can help you.

Grants for single mothers in Shoreline

Cash Assistance

The Cash assistance programs, by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services are available to all who qualify. Get assistance with clothing, transportation, and utility bills. There are two programs made to assist low-income families: Temporary Assistance for Needy Family (TANF), and WorkFirst. People who are not eligible for TANF may apply for State Family Assistance (SFA).

Application for TANF or Workfirst can be done online. Find a DSHS office in your area of Shoreline, King County.

Help with Food

Basic Food program or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)  provides food assistance for individuals and families that meet the income requirements and residency requirements. Applicants must be working in order to receive benefits. Apply online, or visit your DSHS Office .

Renewal food bank provides food for the hungry people of King County. You can reach them at 425-735-8132 or email them.

Help With Food

Help with Shelter and Housing

The Housing and Essential Needs program is offered by DSHS to assist disabled people who can’t afford housing. The Department of Commerce offers Homeless Prevention and Assistance Programs. This website provides information about Section 8 and rental assistance.

The Regional Coalition for Housing is where you can find affordable homes and apartments in King County. Find links to resources for home buyers and emergency shelters from them too. For more information, contact them at 425-861-3676 or email them

Crisis Clinic provides access to emergency shelters within the region, financial and mental healthcare resources. Call the 24-hour hotline at 206-461-3222 or 866-4CRISIS.

Help with Energy and Utilities

Low-income residents of the state can access the federal Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). If their income are below the federal poverty limit, they will be eligible.

You can call three LIHEAP offices to apply for energy assistance. Contact them at (360) 725-2857 or email them for general questions.

Energy And Utilities

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

Lifeline, a federal program, helps low-income households. Your income is the main determinant of your eligibility. Send an application to Frontier Lifeline in Florida, or fax it at 1-844-452-6399. For further assistance, call 1-800-921-8101 or visit Lifeline’s website.

Comcast and CenturyLink offer Internet services for low-income families. Contact CenturyLink at 1-866-543-8332 or Comcast at 1855-846-8376.

Help with Childcare

Washington offers child care services to low-income families through the Child Care Subsidy program. Seasonal Child Care and Working Connections are their main programs.

Contact Washington Connection to apply for your local Community Services Office in King County or simply call 1-877-501-2233.

Help With Childcare

Help with Medical and Dental Care

DSHS offers a variety of medical programs to those who are eligible. Medicare programs pay for the medical and dental bills of individuals, families, children, and elderly.

More information on medical assistance eligibility and application should be available from your local CSO.

Help with Legal Matters

Eastside Legal Assistance Program, a non-profit organization that provides assistance to low-income residents of King County. They specialize in family law, domestic violence and bankruptcy. You can make an appointment by calling (425) 747 7274 or emailing them.

Help with Financial Counseling

HomeSight offers financial counseling to low-income homebuyers. Your credit and income are considered when determining your eligibility for assistance. Call the organization at (206) 723-54355 or email them.

Help from Other Groups

Vision House offers programs for those who are homeless and need affordable housing or child care. Call them at 425-237-8356 or email them.

The National League of Cities offers a prescription drug discount plan with no income restrictions. Participants can call (888-620-1749) or register online through Caremark.

It is easy to find a Washington financial assistance program that will help you. You can call these organizations and find out how they can help.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!