Single Mothers Grants in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

Sharing is caring!

Last Updated on September 18, 2023 by Lori Pace

Individuals and families in Pennsylvania have several options for applying for financial assistance. Upper Darby residents will be able to access these single mom grants through this page.

Single mom Grants in Upper Darby

Cash Assistance

The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services provides cash assistance to eligible families to be used for their basic needs. Call the Darby District DHS Office at 610-461-3800 to start your application.

Cash Assistance

Help With Food

The St Andrew Food Pantry is located in the Saint Andrew school and it provides food assistance to local residents or those in crisis. For assistance, please call the office at 484-461-4954.

Help With Shelter and Housing

The Community Action Agency of Delaware County offers a variety of housing assistance and emergency shelter programs in an effort to end homelessness. Call the office at 610-874-8451 if you need emergency shelter or assistance applying for federal housing programs.

Help With Energy and Utilities

The federal LIHEAP program provides home energy assistance and utility bill payment assistance to eligible low-income households. Call the Darby DHS office at 610-461-3800 for assistance in applying for benefits.

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

Verizon Wireless provides LifeLine, a federal discount program for low-income households. There are internet discount services to reduce your monthly phone and internet bills. Contact Verizon at 800-256-4646 to apply for LifeLine.

Help With Childcare

The Office of Child Development and Early Learning provides child care programs: Child Care Works and Keystone STARS for low-income families with children. Both have specific eligibility and income requirements before benefits can be granted. Start your child care assistance application, call the DHS office at 610-461-3800.

Help With Medical and Dental Care

The Department of Human Services offers medical assistance in the form of Medicaid. This federal assistance program can help you get affordable, high-quality dental care and other services for low-income people. Call the Consumer Service Center for Health Care Coverage at 1-866-550-4355 to apply for Medicaid.

Medical And Dental Care

Help With Legal Matters

The Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania offers free civil legal assistance to those in need. They are available to the public on select days during the week, operating on a first-come-first-served basis. To inquire about open days or what documents to bring along, call the office at 610-275-5400.

Help From Other Groups

The Family & Community Services of Delaware County provides assistance services to the less fortunate, including rehabilitation, financial counseling, rehabilitation, housing assistance, and HIV/AIDS case management. For emergency assistance, call the office at 610-566-7540.

We hope you are now able to see how to apply for aid in the Upper Darby region.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!