Single Mothers Grants in South Hill CDP, Washington

Last Updated on January 29, 2024 by Lori Pace

Single mothers have to work a few jobs to get their bills paid and their families fed. It’s hard to pay for all your expenses, luckily the government and non-profit organizations are there to help. These are the government grants for single moms that you can apply to in South Hill CDP, Washington.

Grants for single moms in South Hill

Cash Assistance

WorkFist, a welfare assistance initiative gives single mothers the opportunity to be employed. Apply to see if you meet the requirements for the assistance through their website, or by calling the Community Service Office of Pierce at 1-877-501-2233.

Help With Food

The SNAP, a federally funded Washington Food program provides electronic benefit cards to pay for food at participating stores. Call the Community Service Office at 1-877-501-2233 or visit their website for full details about the program.

Help With Shelter and Housing

The Housing and Essential Needs Referral program (HEN) provides help to single mothers paying for their rent and mortgage refinancing. HEN gives access to affordable housing solutions too. Single mothers need to meet the work and income requirements to qualify for the program. Apply for HEN benefits online or contact the CSO at 1-877-501-2233

Help With Energy and Utilities

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) gives assistance with utility bill payments and weatherization assistance to qualified applicants. Single mothers can use this program to help them pay for their home energy costs. Check if you qualify and apply for the program by calling the CSO at 1-877-501-2233 or through their website.

Energy And Utilities 9 1

Help With Childcare

WCCC, a child care assistance program for working single mothers in need of help with payment for child care services. Verify if you’re eligible for the program through their website or by calling them at 1-877-501-2233.

Help With Medical and Dental Care

Apple Health, a public health care program is for low-income residents without the means to pay for private health insurance. The program has a big variety of plans that can cater to a wide range of medical and dental care. Pick the perfect plan for you by talking to a consultant at 1-877-501-2233, or go through their website for more specifics.

Happy Woman Having Her Teeth Checked During Appointment At Dental Clinic.
Happy woman having her teeth checked during appointment at dental clinic.

Help With Legal Matters

Yakima County Volunteer Attorney Services provides single mothers with referrals to volunteer attorneys. These attorneys can help them with their non-criminal legal matters. Visit their website or call their office at 1-888-201-1014 for legal assistance

Help From Other Groups

Habitat for Humanity focuses on building affordable houses. Monthly fees like insurance, taxes, and mortgage still need to be paid on the houses they provide. Call them at 253-627-5626 or consult their website for more information on how they can assist you.

We hope that you found the right assistance program for your needs with the help of this page.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!