Single Mothers Grants in Victoria, Texas

Last Updated on September 18, 2023 by Lori Pace

It’s important to have the right information for assistance in paying for your bills so you can contact someone quickly. This page will help Victoria residents find and apply for single mother grants.

Single mother grants in Victoria

Cash Assistance Programs for Single Mothers

Texas’s TANF program (Aid to Families with Children) temporarily provides cash loans to families in need. This program helps them acquire basic necessities like food, housing, and healthcare services. This program is available to pregnant women or low-income families with minor children. Contact the Department of Human Services at 1-800-448-3927 to apply for TANF.

Food Benefits for Single Mothers

The Food Bank of the Golden Crescent offers ongoing and emergency food assistance to residents of Victoria County. Request assistance or locate a pantry near you by calling the office at 361-578-0591.

Help With Shelter and Housing for Single Mothers

Homeless Prevention, an assistance program offered by Mid-Coast Family Services, is designed to assist those who are facing homelessness maintain their stable housing environment. Get assistance with permanent supportive housing and rehousing. Call the office at 316-578-2989 to inquire about available services.

Shelter And Housing For Single Mothers

Help With Energy and Utilities

The Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program is part of federal LIHEAP and provides utility assistance to eligible Texas residents. Weatherization programs are a part of the program too that helps reduce home energy costs. Call the Department of Human Services at 1-877-99-8939 to submit your CEAP application.

Help With Telephone and Internet Bills

The Texas LifeLine program, administered by the Southwest Arkansas Telephone Cooperative provides discounts on your landline service costs monthly. Apply for LifeLine benefits by calling them at 870-653-8222.

Help With Childcare

The Child Support Office offers subsidized child care assistance to low-income families with minor children. Only those with income and work requirements may apply for assistance. Call the office at 361-576-6088 to start the application process.

Child Care 1

Help With Medical and Dental Care

Medicaid, one of the best public health programs in Texas, provides affordable, high-quality healthcare services to individuals with low income. Apply for Medicaid benefits by calling the Offices of CHIP or Medicaid at 800-252-8263.

Help With Legal Matters

Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid, Inc., a non-profit legal organization that provides free legal aid services to help the community’s most vulnerable members. Find out if they can assist you by calling their Intake Line at 800-234-127.

Help From Other Groups

Perpetual Home, Inc. assists women in financial distress to become financially independent. The organization provides support services, skills training courses and permanent supportive housing for eligible applicants. Find out if you are eligible for assistance, call their office at 361-575-5335.

If you need help with your bills, Victoria, TX has many resources for you.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!