Single Mothers Grants in Yakima, Washington

Last Updated on January 29, 2024 by Lori Pace

This page will assist you in finding the right single mom grants in Yakima, WA.

Single mom grants in Yakima

Cash Assistance

The federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families grants funds the Washington WorkFirst Program. WV can provide temporary cash loans to single mothers to help them get to self-relianceApply for benefits online or by calling the Assistance Office at 1-877-501-2233.

Help With Food

Washington’s Basic Food program provides assistance in paying monthly food costs to low-income families. Apply for Basic Food benefits by calling the Assistance Office at 1 877 501-22331-877-501-2233, or you can submit your application online.

Food Help 3

Help With Shelter and Housing

Single mothers unable to work or unemployed may be qualified for the Housing and Essential Needs Referral Program (HEN). Call the assistance office at 1-877-501-2233 or visit their website to find more information about the program.

Help With Energy and Utilities

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program provides benefits for households that fall below the federal poverty guidelines. These include utility bill payment assistance and weatherization services. Find more information about LIHEAP requirements at the website or call the Opportunities Industrialization Center of Washington to check if you are eligible for assistance at 509-452-7145.

Help With Childcare

Washington’s Child Care Subsidy Program offers single mothers the chance to receive relief from their child care expenses. Apply online or call the DHS at 1-877-501-2233 for assistance with childcare costs.

Help With Medical and Dental Care

Apple Health, administered by the Department of Health and Human Services provides healthcare coverage for medical and dental services to qualified families. Find out if your family qualifies for healthcare assistance by contacting the Yakima Community Services Office at 1-888-338-7410.

Medical And Dental Care 3

Help With Legal Matters

The Yakima County Volunteer Attorneys offers a wide variety of legal services for free or at low cost to civil and non-criminal legal matters. Apply for the help you require by calling the VAS office at 1-888-201-1014 or visiting their website.

Help With Financial Counseling

Consumer Credit Counseling Services in Yakima is a great resource for single mothers who want to manage their finances and become financially independent. Get free financial counseling from them and help make your debt less overwhelming. To speak with a financial advisor, visit their website or call them at 509-248-5270..

Help From Other Groups

Catholic Charities Housing Services offers helps low-income purchase their own property tanks to provide affordable housing. They offer a variety of assistance programs that are available to those in need and meet income and work requirements. Apply for assistance via the website, or by calling them at 509-853-3479.

You can see that Yakima has a variety of assistance programs that can be very helpful for single mothers in times of financial uncertainty.

Lori Pace
Lori Pace

Lori Pace is a single mother of three daughters ages 7 and under. As a working mom from home, she balances kids, work and two crazy dogs with humor and love. Follow Lori as she honestly gives tips and advice based on her own experiences as a single mom!