If you live in Georgia and are in need of food, shelter, or other basic necessities then look into the following organizations listed below to see which single mom assistance programs can help you in your time of need.
- 1 Single mom assistance programs in Georgia
- 1.0.1 Georgia Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
- 1.0.2 Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for Single Mothers
- 1.0.3 Legal Aid for Single Mothers
- 1.0.4 St. Ann Resources for Eviction or Foreclosure
- 1.0.5 Furniture Bank
- 1.0.6 Credit Counseling for Single Parents
- 1.0.7 Dental Care
- 1.0.8 National Coalition for Homeless Veterans
- 1.0.9 Rent Assistance for Single Mothers
- 1.0.10 Utility Bill Assistance
Single mom assistance programs in Georgia
Georgia Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) offers free services like caulking, fixing window panes, weather stripping, and attic insulation in order for eligible households to reduce utility and energy bills. The program prioritizes the elderly and handicapped who own or are buying homes. Weatherization of rental properties if permitted by the landlord. Call 404-656-0938 or visit their website to know more.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for Single Mothers
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as food stamps, provides eligible households with nutritious foods. If you want to apply or know more, call 877-423-4746 or visit their office in person to file an application.
Legal Aid for Single Mothers
Georgia has organizations that offer free or low-cost legal assistance pertaining to civil matters like foreclosure to eligible single mothers and families. They are as follows:
- Call Atlanta Legal Aid404-524-5811
- Georgia Senior Legal Hotline 404-657-9915 or 888-257-9519
- Georgia Legal Services 404-206-5175 or 800-498-9469
- Find a legal representative in your location.
St. Ann Resources for Eviction or Foreclosure
The Catholic Church of St. Ann helps single mothers and families who face homelessness. Call them at 770-552-6400 or visit their website to know more.
The Furniture Bank provides gently used furniture to eligible individuals and families who are recently homeless, fleeing from domestic abuse, and those who are in need of them. Visit their website to see full details.
Credit Counseling for Single Parents
Certified counselors can give you credit counseling for you to be able to have a financial plan that will help you manage your money. Call 800-251-CCCS (2227) or visit their website to know more.
National Coalition for Homeless Veterans
Georgia offers a variety of assistance programs for veterans which you can find a list of here.
Rent Assistance for Single Mothers
Decent affordable housing can be difficult to find. Housing and Urban Development have services that make renting easier and more affordable. Find out about subsidized housing, rent vouchers, Section 8 housing, rentals in rural Georgia, and more housing solutions. Find out more. Atlanta Regional Office, 404-331-5136. For more housing options read further.
Utility Bill Assistance
Find assistance in paying your utility and energy bills from the assistance programs listed below.
- Contact at 800-869-1150 or visit their website for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- The Energy Assistance Fund (EAP) assists in payment of heating and cooling costs. It is available in all counties of Georgia. Visit their website.
- H.E.A.T. – 678-406-0212.
- The Fireside Natural Gas – 678-872-0250 (inside Atlanta) and 866-517-4642 (outside Atlanta)
- Gas South – 877-472-4932.
- Georgia Natural Gas – 770-850-6200 (inside metro Atlanta) and 877-850-6200 (outside Atlanta). Visit their website.
- SCANA Energy can be contacted at 877-467-2262 and 800-554-1366 for billing. Visit their website.
- Georgia Power Company can be contacted at 888-660-5890. Visit their website.
- Walton EMC Natural Gas can be contacted at 866-936-2427. Visit their website.
- True Natural Gas can be contacted at 770-502-0226 for outside Atlanta and 877-746-4362 for metro Atlanta or visit them online.
- More resources can be viewed here.