Last Updated on April 24, 2022 by Anne-Sophie Reinhardt
These gifts are perfect for single moms because your gift will brighten their day and make a lasting impression. You will be remembered, no matter what day it is, whether it’s Mother’s Day or Christmas. Everyone wonders, “What should I buy for a single mother?” Do you buy something to give the children? Do you buy gifts she needs for her home as a single mom?
What Do You Buy as Gifts For A Single Mom?
You may not know what your children need and want if you have never been a single mother. That’s perfectly okay! You can still find the perfect gifts for single moms by asking the right questions.
- What might a single mother need?
- Do you have a struggle or problem that the right gift could solve?
- What would you really want as gifts for single moms?
Gift For The Family and For Herself
- Cash – It’s difficult to figure out how you could pay everything while living on a limited budget. This can help her make ends meet, especially in the beginning, and give her some financial peace of mind.
- Haircut / Style – Single moms rarely spend money for themselves, so give her a gift certificate and take her to get her hair cut. You will make her feel amazing and she will be forever grateful for your kindness.
- Restaurant Gift Cards – A gift card to your favorite restaurant is a wonderful gift that will be loved by the entire family.
- Gift Cards – Gift cards are a great way to encourage single mothers to buy gifts for themselves. Most moms are very selfless and if you give them gift cards to Amazon and Target, it will be used for the kids. So that she can enjoy shopping, grab one for her favorite store.
Things She Can Wear
- Robe – Will give her comfort and style that she will treasure. Get a floral or her favorite color so she can use it whenever she feels like it!
- Jewelry – A beautiful piece of jewelry of her taste. This, she would surely wear.
- Fuzzy Socks – An essential all year round. These socks are great for keeping her warm and comfortable.
- Pajamas – They’re comfy and would be a nice and cozy outfit at home.
- Exercise Clothes – New clothes for workouts would make her happy!
For Her Self-Care / To Help Her Unwind
- Face Mask – Give her a facial mask! We aren’t talking about one that covers your nose and mouth. These are the ones that transform your skin from dull to beautiful!
- Massage – Get a massage for her! However, if she prefers a manicure or pedicure, you can give her a gift card to a local nail salon.
- Spa Day – Organize a fun Spa Day! After a long day, she deserves some relaxation.
- Spa Basket – Single mothers can be very difficult to go out and take care of their children. Bring the spa! You can give her a basket with body scrubs, body lotion, body gel, wine glasses, essential oils, body cream, candles and other items.
- Meal Out – Let’s face it, single moms are often on the kitchen floor every night. It can be exhausting at times. Freshly offers a fun subscription that will allow her to eat healthy and prepare a quick meal at a moment’s notice.
Practical Gifts for Single Moms
- Coffee Mug – It may be just a cute coffee mug, but it would be practical for her mornings. You can buy a design that she’s been wanting for.
- Car Maintenance – Cars are costly to maintain so it is a practical gift to pay for the next oil change or any other repairs that she needs.
- Groceries – For a thoughtful gift, pick up an extra grocery bag next time you go to the grocery store. This sweet gesture will be remembered for a very long time.
- Instant Pot – Single moms have so much to do, it is important to be able to cook quickly. Get an Instant Pot to make dinner fast! This is a great way for her to make great meals even when she’s busy. If she doesn’t have an Instant Pot, she might consider grabbing a slow cooker so she can put it in the oven and forget about it.
- Blender – A great blender is a must-have for a busy woman. With the right blender, she can make smoothies every morning or ice cream every night.
- Makeup Organizer – This makeup organizer is the perfect gift for single mothers. This organizer will help her stay organized and be able to locate everything she needs quickly.
- House Supplies – It is expensive to run a household. A laundry basket full of household products can be one of her most treasured gifts.
- Babysitter – Do you know a babysitter she likes? For her to have the opportunity to do something for herself, give her a coupon for a free babysitting service. You can also volunteer to look after her children for a while. Single moms often find it difficult to find time for themselves.
Miscellaneous Gifts For Her To Enjoy
- Cozy Blankets – These blankets are great for snuggling up with their kids, or keeping them warm when they’re alone. Get a blanket she can use every day.
- Amazon Prime – Amazon Prime, even if it is not often considered a necessity for single mothers, can be something she enjoys. She will have fun with Prime shipping and TV shows free of charge.
- Books – A book is the perfect gift to give a single mom. She will be able to relax after the kids are asleep, so get her something she can enjoy. You can give her a book to inspire, self-help, or just something to distract from the world.
- Audible Subscription – If you know a mom who commutes to work every day, get her an Audible subscription. She can now listen to her favorite books, even if she isn’t able to read them.
- Journal – Single moms can use a journal, or a gratitude journal to help them process difficult times and move on.
- Planner – One mom can be certain that she is running many different directions. Get the best planner for her. This planner will help her keep track of her appointments, and much more.
- Flowers – Send flowers to her or drop off a bouquet. Your generosity and thoughtfulness will touch her deeply.